Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mousey complaints

Steam Name of Offending Player(s):Mousey

Steam ID of Offending Player(s):STEAM_0:1:180957695

Map the event happened on: Aircraft?

Date of event:09/16-17/2021 (It was late at night I don't remember)

What Happened?:Mousey died to Default and used System chat to tell on how he died (Default was  not call out, he even stated how he died)

(THIS IS A DIFFERENT SITUATION, it happened around a month ago) I was told he mass RDM'ed and resetted his karma

I understand that he is probably joking around but I think there is a time and place for it. He Could've said all the AFTER the round NOT during. I know some staff that abuse powers that most of it is AFTER the round is over. Staff isn't a job but it shouldn't be abused so easily and especially not by the managers. They are suppose to be role models of the server and uphold the server rules not bend or break them whenever they feel like it. Parade is a pretty good manager, I've heard no negative things about him nor see him abusing his power.
If you would like to play around with you're friends you don't need the manager role for that and yes mousey has done some good for the server but I think the power might be getting to his head. I think it might be time for him to step down for either the time being or indefinite.
He can still enjoy the server without the powers of the staff. He can still help the server by reporting bugs or players on the forums or to staff like everyone else.
The excuse of "mousy is just being mousey" isn't a good one, He is now a manager and should hold some restraint.
I think there should be some repercussions for abusing staff powers especially doing it multiple time.

I don't think this is the only things he has done, But this is the only proof I have, If you have anything to add feel free.

Witnesses: basically everyone in the tab list
THE PICTURES ARE FOR THE MASS RDM SITUATION

Evidence:
This is for the Meta/ghosting

This is for the mass RDM situation

P.S. Credit to my brother for proof reading, I want this to be taken seriously.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Find

mousy so sucka so bad i was there witness yeah he so noob using chat
Find

I'm all for having fun when mousey is on, but lately it's just been him screaming and rdming.
I can handle an rdm every once in awhile, but when the train starts because of mousey multiple times a week (not day) it starts to get a bit excessive.
Setting his own karma back to keep himself from getting banned is also another thing I would like to attest to as he did it a couple weeks ago where he mass rdm'd and then jokingly set everyones karma (including his own) to 6969, then started a fake boss rush round where dreadark or a random person was given 10000000 health, and after the round was over he set everyone back to 1200 (including his own). I wish he wouldve unbanned me from getting karma banned when he walked into my volt coils placed in a not so obvious spot, causing multiple other people to walk into them because I had no knowledge of how to remove them causing me to be karma banned.

https://i.imgur.com/XCEjjVH.jpg

none of this is wrong or untrue. Sometimes its funny and other times its annoying. Should ease up a bit tbh (mousey. not people reporting in case the wording was unclear).
Find

I agree mousey can take his memes a little too far sometimes. But I truly believe he doesn't have any ill intentions, he's just trying to break the monotonous, brainless flow of ttt and goof off a bit. But I can fully understand why some people would be upset about some of those things, and as stated - know he can sometimes take the memes a little too far. That said, I do think it's a little strange the report is coming from someone not involved. Have you talked to default at all? Would like to hear his opinion, and did this get him killed by anyone?

We have demoted staff in the past for abuse of power, however, what I've seen from mousey are most definitely memes and not him actually trying to further a personal agenda on the server, not that it's not taken too far or anything, just stating I don't think there's any actual malicious intent there. We have had staff use their powers for personal gain and have quickly demoted them.

Quote:Parade is a pretty good manager, I've heard no negative things about him nor see him abusing his power.

To be fair... Parade doesn't play TTT. Not nearly as much as mousey anyways.

Should be a simple thing to resolve without a demotion (if I demoted mousey no manager related things would get done, cause parade plays valorant and hunt 24/7 Smile )
Find

(09-19-2021, 08:10 AM)Brassx Wrote:  I do think it's a little strange the report is coming from someone not involved.
I didn't think it was necessary to talk to default about how a manager was abusing powers during a round. This report isn't about a player report but more on the powers that the player has. It doesn't really show good imagine if some new players join and sees a manager ghosting with system chat

(09-19-2021, 08:10 AM)Brassx Wrote:  he's just trying to break the monotonous, brainless flow of TTT and goof off a bit
You can have fun/ meme with players without resorting to abusing powers that were given to uphold the rules.

(09-19-2021, 08:10 AM)Brassx Wrote:  and did this get him killed by anyone?
No I don't believe it did but just because he didn't die that shouldn't really excuse him of that behavior.

(09-19-2021, 08:10 AM)Brassx Wrote:  I don't think there's any actual malicious intent there
Might not be malicious but does that make it ok? Basically you're stating that as long as there is no malicious and it's all for jokes then abusing staff powers is fine?

(09-19-2021, 08:10 AM)Brassx Wrote:  To be fair... Parade doesn't play TTT. Not nearly as much as mousey anyways.

Fair, but the only thing I see him do publicly is do the application, which to be honest I think the admins would be capable if they had the power too. But I also believe Parade has done some ( NOT as much as Mousey). When I do play with parade on TTT I don't think I've seen him do anything as bad as mousey or anything like mousey. (To be fair I don't play as much as i did so parade could have, but I haven't heard anything of the sort.)

Like I stated. I think it would be completely fine if this was POST or AFTER round, but not during.
(not hating on mousey but I don't think any staff should abuse there powers,)

This is my chance, quick Brass promote me to manager!
Find

This is something that affected other T members during the round, and I'm sure ghosting would've given another player some sort of punishment even if they were doing it as a joke.

don't think I have a vid, but the following is mousey spam respawning himself mid-round:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/386258140112355329/888252926030667816/unknown.png

I get doing this stuff rarely or just once for a joke, but doing it multiple times is just weird to see staff doing. Also, banning Pri for almost 6+ hours a couple of months back bc he didn't apologize is weird. I don't really ever see other staff members doing this type of stuff but could just be a coincidence that I never notice it.

A player perspective can be seeing a staff doing this stuff, but then the moment a player makes a rdm report it doesn't end up getting handled or even closed out. It can be very frustrating to see as a player. It's one of those things where maybe it would be worth looking at the commands each staff role has, but its another thing to have to recheck the staff role commands just if only 1-2 staff members misuse them.

(09-19-2021, 11:00 AM)Unknown Wrote:  A player perspective can be seeing a staff doing this stuff, but then the moment a player makes a rdm report it doesn't end up getting handled or even closed out. It can be very frustrating to see as a player. It's one of those things where maybe it would be worth looking at the commands each staff role has, but its another thing to have to recheck the staff role commands just if only 1-2 staff members misuse them.

I don't get the last part, he's a manager. As in... the third highest (really 2nd since grass doesn't play) role, as in it's a role that should have all but the highest perms like item spawning.

Also damn, bringing up the pri thing as an example, I think we most of us know including mousey knows that it was wrong and is just still playing along with it. After all, he did mass rdm 20 people and call mousey the n word. (/s)

I've never seen mousey do anything that isn't just a funny and simple way to break up the monotomy of grinding ttt. I don't get this report at all, It's silly and he doesn't play often enough (maybe an hour or so a day if at all most days) for this to truly be worth reporting. If this is worth your time reporting (talking about micro here) maybe you should really reconsider if it's you that's the problem, rather than him.

There were a lot of different values I upheld as manager such as never karma resetting or blocking players but those were things that I chose to do because honestly I took the position maybe a lil too seriously for what it is.

Manager is a voluntary unpaid position on a game where the goal is to fuck around as much as possible - stupid mods, big booba jiggle physics, fucking with friends, all that is the premise of why gmod got big in the first place. Though I will say, I remember Brass asking Mousey to act more professional when he was first promoted - not mic spam, not act out, not come on drunk, and I think those have sailed out the window as time went on.
The only time I would say managers should act "professional" is if they were paid (brass im looking for a paid job please hello) or if the server exploded in such quantity where it became a business beyond garry's mod. But that's Brass' decision when to tighten up.

If Mousey was just fucking around with Default, and Default had absolutely no problem with it and they just had a good laugh about it, it's one TTT round, who cares?

- That Thrakos Noob
Find