Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Event Throwing on Tribulation

There's a lot of bitterness between experienced people and less experienced people. I have a hard time empathizing with the former due to everything I've seen and heard while watching trib runs, publicly and privately. It really left a bitter taste in my mouth. As a spectator I could see everything that was going on, and while there were a few problematic players, there were plenty that weren't problematic at all, but some people really just got so toxic over the smallest things.

Though I did expect this behavior to an extent, thus why loot is based on performance.

People throwing runs is definitely not acceptable though, even if others are relatively toxic. This also brings up a question, if the entire server, or at least the super-majoirty, agrees to wipe at a point mutually, is that problematic? I'm not sure, I can see a few legitimate reasons as to why they'd want to do that and 'remake' the party/queue more or less. (People d/c, timeout, afk, or some have to leave, or something else comes up, etc) But it can suck if you're not in the majority and wanted to try a legitimate run.

Regardless, it's not fun if you want to have a serious run and people who queued for it just don't want anything to do with it. As I said in discord, there was a misconception that <20 people was not a viable amount of people for the event. It does get harder at lower counts, but just because it requires even more coordination and each person to carry their weight more. It's a good learning experience though.

I ultimately believe this issue will self resolve over time when the novelty of tribulation wears off for the majority of people. Dilapidation was pretty similar.

All of that said, there's really not enough conclusive hard proof here for me to do any major actions against the accused, and it's too early on to have accurate data/stats I can use to determine if they are repeat offenders or not. At best I can just issue a statement that intentionally throwing and trolling runs will lead to being banned from tribulation, that said, everyone has a different definition of what trolling/throwing is. It's something that needs to be reviewed on a per-case basis, especially based on prior reports/behavior. So please report people you think are trolling/throwing, even if you don't have a lot of evidence. It helps me build a profile of 'throwers' based on their trib stats, and that alone can be used to help prove someones accusation that someone else is throwing/trolling.

(You can report them privately via dm or pming me here)
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Event Throwing on Tribulation - Friend - 08-05-2021, 07:17 AM
RE: Event Throwing on Tribulation - Ragger - 08-05-2021, 08:27 AM
RE: Event Throwing on Tribulation - Manzy - 08-06-2021, 03:19 PM
RE: Event Throwing on Tribulation - Phrot - 08-06-2021, 10:34 PM
RE: Event Throwing on Tribulation - Lee - 08-06-2021, 09:25 PM
RE: Event Throwing on Tribulation - Lee - 08-06-2021, 09:32 PM
RE: Event Throwing on Tribulation - Manzy - 08-07-2021, 05:28 AM
RE: Event Throwing on Tribulation - cheny - 08-10-2021, 12:59 AM
RE: Event Throwing on Tribulation - Brassx - 08-10-2021, 08:39 AM