Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FRG SPLITGATE TOURNEY ( 2v2 ) ( HALO + PORTAL )

After recommendation by Parade, I have decided to host a Splitgate tourney for all of us in the usual style.

"What is Splitgate?"
https://store.steampowered.com/app/677620/Splitgate_Beta/
(the game is free)

Splitgate is described roughly as a halo-portal hybrid sci-fi shooter, where the aim is to complete objectives like CTF or TDM in the stylings of halo, whilst also having the ability to place map-traversing portals which you can shoot or walk through.

This tourney will be in a 2v2 format, and the gamemode will be CAPTURE THE FLAG , meaning you will need to fight the opposing team for their flag followed by bringing it back to your own base.

"How will the tourney work?"
Firstly, post a reply to this thread to indicate your interest.
If you have a partner, list them, they must have agreed prior to be your partner.
If you do not have a partner, you will be randomly assigned one from another person who also doesn't have one.

After the entrance cutoff date ( 8/5 ), I will input all the names into a program that generates a 2v2 bracket.
I'll contact everyone who entered on Discord to notify them of who they're facing, and to let them know to work out amongst themselves an acceptable time to battle it out.
ALL MATCHES PRIOR TO SEMIFINALS (qualifiers) WILL BE PLAYED ON THE PLAYERS' OWN TIME
this is to help speed the process up and avoid a 2-day tourney disaster like ROUNDS had.
when all of the qualifiers are handled, we will find a date between all of the remaining teams as to when the final showdown will begin.

any serverside issues may delay this or qualifiers, as the dev studio is pretty small.

"What are the rewards?"
The starting prize bracket will be as follows, to be split up between partners as they choose:

Finalists: Holo Zeus + Suffixed Big Glock + Stacked Bountiful AK + 300k + 4 bonus rolls

Semifinalists: 300k + 4 bonus rolls

Other: remaining bonus rolls at random

Provided any community-submitted rewards, this can be expanded to more of the bracket or added onto the previous tiers.

"When will this be?"
Ideally I'd want to start this tourney a little over 1 week from now ( approx. 8/7 ) but that can be pushed sooner or later depending on how long qualifiers take.

TLDR:
Game: Splitgate 2v2 CTF
Entrance: By 8/5
Tourney : aiming for 8/7, sooner or later as necessary due to scheduling.
Prizes: cool stuff

Please give this game and tourney a chance even if you have doubts, and I promise you will have some fun.
IT'S A FREE GAME!!!  Wink   Smile   Angel

P.S. look at
for some help and simple portal tips/tricks.
Find

some people on this server are cracked gamers
my soul will be crushed in .2 seconds
sign me up chief
i have no partner b/c I'm wizurdous so you'll have to give me a randy
Find

im in, ill edit this if i find a partner before cutoff date
chainy, chany, cheeny, cheesey, cheese, chebby, cheddy, kenny, chad, jeremy bentknee, bently, chendy bedendy, cheny deddy
Find

im in
Find

I will play and if I find a teammate I will edit this.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

Me me me!!
Find

sure ill play... if the servers are ever up... no partner just random me
Find

yo ill play splitgate, ill edit the post when i get my partner
Find

I’m in will find a teammate GLHF
Find

i play
whenever i get out of queue