Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Victorino Karma/T Baiting every round (and intentionally debuffing T buddies))

(05-18-2021, 12:58 AM)The Suess Wrote:  
(05-17-2021, 11:47 PM)Nytemart Wrote:  While I personally find the situation a bit blown out of proportion I do also see the problem. I believe the problem is moreso rooted in the implementation of neg sag rather than Victorino actively using it. But I think you also already know that given the repeated posts in suggestions. I think the best course of action regarding the situation would be to simply disable negative sag as a feature until Brass has the time/interest to actually make it work properly. Given how there is literally only one player using it and that player being Victorino I can see and understand how it's easy to point the blame at him but I also believe he hasn't done anything inherently banworthy. Put simply the problem is the implementation of -sag. But until then I suppose Victorino can be told to simply not use it I suppose? I dunno I'd like to get some more viewpoints on it. Also Jerome as a witness LMAO.

Does implementation change that he intentionally debuffs his T buddies and Detective buddies? Do I just need to report round after round after round to get him to stop (cause that hasn't worked so far)? I can't exactly kill for T baiting when he's doing it on mine AND his T rounds or det rounds... unless I misread something that allows me to kill T budies/det buddies for intentional debuffs. Either way it needs to be fixed and there needs to be some way for staff to see its happening to punish properly as he literally does it every round I've run past him.

Adding yellow dots doesn't change this from being karma baiting persisting not only for a few rounds but for weeks of playtime.

(05-18-2021, 12:56 AM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  Odd that everyone on your witness list is your brothers and then there is Jerome who was banned for a week.

They are who I talk to frequently on this server or have expressed annoyance with this individual. I'll poll the discord for people who have noticed this next time if that makes witnesses somehow more valid.

"Does implementation change that he intentionally debuffs his T buddies and Detective buddies?"
Yes! As it stands now it is simply an invisible giant aura that debuffs both friend and foe with no discernable indication as to who's done it or whom it should target. There is some real ambiguity regarding whether the minor debuff it gives is enough to a kill a person for since it does neither damage nor does it have any direct synergies with other items that would indicate that it's being used to set up a kill (an example of something that does no damage but has some clear dangerous potential is shooting your own clone with Zeus' Might and proccing the zap onto nearby players. The zap itself does no damage to them but you can reload at any time to make them explode). I don't believe Victorino himself has much care nor control for whom gets hit by the neg sag given it's massive range hence why him "intentionally" debuffing T and D buddies it hard to prove and even harder to punish for.

"Do I just need to report round after round after round to get him to stop (cause that hasn't worked so far)?"
As I stated earlier on I don't believe the core problem is Victorino using it but rather the problematic implementation of negative sag itself.
It is not useful enough to be something you'd actively want to use as a traitor if it meant being killed on sight by having it applied. But is is also not harmful enough as an inno to warrant being killed over.
Other borderline items are things such as pogseal grenades, who also do 0 damage but apply obnoxious effects. As for getting him to stop it's mostly a matter of staff-discussion whether it's big enough of an issue to warrant telling him to stop or if it's blown out of proportion. Currently it's leaning more towards telling him to stop (at least until it gets a better implementation).
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Victorino Karma/T Baiting every round (and intentionally debuffing T buddies)) - Nytemart - 05-18-2021, 02:04 PM