Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A scattered thought

Axe and I were thinking of a cool event, and then my mind kept wandering to Warcraft 3.

Well, what if we had a "Defense" event? Imagine a custom map with a small "Maze" of pathways with walls on the sides. Players would line the walls and ammunition would spawn every wave. Waves would consist of enemies like Headcrabs, Zombies and etc that would path-find through a set area until they reach the middle, where they'll damage something. The more damage it takes, the less rewards players get at the end of the event round.

Sort of like a tower defense, you know? Probably wouldn't be possible in Gmod, but it sounds pretty fun in my mind. Enemies could have varying health, and players could get "Replenishes" of ammunition, incen grenades and stuff.
Find

Sounds like fun and I think you could doo it in gmod great idea btw guys
Find

Sounds kinda like the one for NTG, doesn't mean anything though considering Brass created that too. Would be cool to have if there was the time.
Find

Sounds great but I think it would do better as its own server (same inv/drops) as even one minigame can take away from TTT IMO
Genesis Does What NintenDon't

I'm sarcastic a lot, take what I say with a grain of salt.
Find

Also if it was for easter you could have a field like a Tower Defense. If it was to be an Easter event you would be trying to protect the bunny and idk what the enemies would be. The enemies could either do dmg to the rabbit or steal it's eggs and the worse your protector gets the less chance of a good drop you can get. Also you can request a spot move with a 30 second cooldown to a person in a specific spot, which could promote some strategy and make people get along (hopefully).
Find

I like what axe said especially the communication and co-op part of it
Find

IMO, it's literally just the old Halloween event on NTG, but with more monsters & a better map with a different scenario.

I think this WC3 gamemode should be kept authentic & remade with actual towers one day, not with players shooting at hordes.

ahh the good old days of skibi's castle TD
Find

Also, it is nowhere close to the Halloween event, Bottle. First of all, players are not attacked by monsters. Secondly, there is no objective save "Defend the object". Thirdly, players cannot move around. Fourthly, mobs have very scripted patterns to move in. Those are just a few differences, you cannot say it is "Literally" the same, but if you would like to believe that along with any other tripe and nonsense you think exists, then you are free to delude yourself.

I also miss Wintermaul and Gem TD a lot.
Find