Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Should this be implemented?
Yay
Nay
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Challenge-scroll change (Reposted)

So, after seeing the fact that other people aren't enjoying some of the features of "Challenge" scrolls, I feel that a couple of the steps you're forced to do aren't a challenge, they're just a monotonous grind. People should be able to play TTT and have fun, not try and wait for their scroll-specific Map to appear, or sit and do a sliding puzzle.

In exchange, we should be able to skip a step on a scroll, but it will replace it with a kill-challenge step one level higher. e.g a Medium slide puzzle could be skipped, but it'd give you a Hard kill challenge. There's honestly no reason not to have this; it seems stupid otherwise. There's no challenge when half of the people just use websites to solve the slide puzzles for them, or already know what map they have to go to and just sit there waiting for it to show up.

I feel like what I'm suggesting is a solid replacement, its not going to make challenge scrolls trivial, especially since doing a kill-step can easily be harder than, say, just waiting around for your map.

Yay/nay how you feel, but I think its shitty design to force players to do something not even part/barely a part of TTT when they come to enjoy TTT. Sure, scrolls are optional, but they're still [i[fun[/i]...Except for the stupid steps.

Again, my suggestion is:

If you want to, you can replace a step in a scroll with a new kill-challenge step, ONE difficulty level higher. Easy would give a Medium, Medium a Hard, etc.

Id only like to see a singular once over mulligan to occur, Entire scroll so far goes byebye as a result of rerolling your challenges. (once done, you cant reroll anymore.)
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

I really don't agree with skipping any part of a scroll. It's called a challenge scroll for a reason, it's not supposed to be something you just casually do. It's supposed to challenge you and in reward for passing the challenge. Nothing is forcing you to do the challenge scroll, if you want the loot, you should be willing to work for it.

Not to mention you can just play ttt in the meantime while waiting for your map to pop up. Not that difficult.

wow, using an online slider puzzle solver is so challenging
wow, using anagram-solver.net is so challenging
wow, waiting 3 days for your map to show AND be voted for...so...challenging

McLovin' it.

(07-22-2018, 04:46 AM)Terran Wrote:  wow, using an online slider puzzle solver is so challenging

McLovin' it.

wow, getting 10 more kills than the normal scroll is so challenging

what's the point of the challenge scroll if the whole thing is just a bunch of kill quests

(07-22-2018, 04:57 AM)Alex Summers Wrote:  
(07-22-2018, 04:46 AM)Terran Wrote:  wow, using an online slider puzzle solver is so challenging

McLovin' it.

wow, getting 10 more kills than the normal scroll is so challenging

what's the point of the challenge scroll if the whole thing is just a bunch of kill quests
Because that's about the limit you can find in TTT without forcing people to do something unrelated to TTT on a TTT server.

Why are you so against people being able to replace a step with a harder step? If those challenges are so easy for you, then that's good; you can do them and do scrolls faster than other people. Not all of us want to do those. I don't go on the lobby server every day and grind events, but some people do.

There's literally no reason not to support something like this.
Find

(07-22-2018, 04:46 AM)Terran Wrote:  wow, waiting 3 days for your map to show AND be voted for...so...challenging
Just sayin, You have wrong info here. It's already been said publically that if you play on TTT, your map has a higher chance (basically guaranteed in a few map rotations) if you play. Also people all of the time say "I have a challenge there" and most of the time they pick it. Sorry that it just so happened that they picked the other one.

Don't blame the server for not playing on your map when people have their map challenges to do because they're playing.
Find

i wouldn't say just skip those challenges all together but possibly add more variety to the types of challenges that you need to do.
Find

Quote:Yay/nay how you feel, but I think its shitty design to force players to do something not even part/barely a part of TTT when they come to enjoy TTT. Sure, scrolls are optional
Ok.

Anyways, I can understand your frustration, but  TTT already has TTT only quests, challenges, achievements, dailies, etc. Challenge scrolls aren't just TTT-challenges. They try to incorporate more than TTT, because we ARE more than ttt.

I talked about adding something you buy that resets your entire challenge scroll, if you get stuck. But changing your current step is eh. Map challenges are meant to get you on TTT waiting for your map. It's a passive step until your map is chosen(which can definitely be annoying.. But people didn't even make this big of a fuss when I had it on NTG and it had NO system to make your challenge map much more common on the mapvote screen. We have that here.), that's the point. There's plenty of other things you can do while on TTT while waiting for it. Such as Dailies, which are mostly kill challenges. So you can just do them in the mean time while waiting. It's hard to make things challenging when people use tools yes, but considering you could barely do a sliding puzzle and couldn't figure out how to use the tool to solve it, I'd say it did its job.

I'm planning out changes on how maps are selected to be on the mapvote, right now its a RNG chance and only one persons map can be chosen to show up per map-vote (selected at random). As I've stated above: We're more than a TTT server, and if you don't like the "non-TTT" aspects you don't have to do them(but I will say, puzzles are something nice you can do while dead to keep you busy). Challenge scrolls are opt-in. You accept what they are and what it might put you through when you use it, otherwise just sell it and pass it along if you're not up for it. Someone else will do it.

NTG never had this much complaining for scrolls. In general, I think Brass and Tobias made them much better by adding new variety like slide puzzles, scrambled words, and some other kill challenges.

This post has really nothing to do with this thread, just my thoughts.