Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

The Mighty List of Fishing Update Ideas

Y'know I think the real missed opportunity lies within the Rusty Key. I think it'd be a lot cooler if the key was rarer but you took out all of the shit that nobody is interested in from the chest.
Getting low-tier scrolls isn't going to excite anybody and the pitiful Tidal Crates is more of a cock punch than a reward.

Fishing is tedious and I think that to combat that tediousness you'd need some really rare shit to be fishable, something to keep you on your toes.
The reason fishing is so unexiting currently is because of the current loop of just fishing for rusty key since it's the only worthwhile thing that you can get from fishing.
So therefore just adding some very rare (possibly unique) items to the standard fishing pool would be my suggestion.

Obviously the main thing most people like to bring up is the fishbucks and the possibility of a fishing crate being purchasable, but I don't really agree with that idea.
I think it'd be better if all of that was implemented into the fishing system itself and fishbux was instead used to buy various lures and even possibly permanent upgrades.
Things such as a % Increase to Fishing speed and % Chance for rarer Items - with the buffs getting progressively more expensive as you rank them up.
So then as you reach the softcap you'd instead me incentiviced to buy lures.
The lures however also need some love.

Right now the only lures being used are the speed increasing ones and maybe the kraken lure.
So how about some new ones? I personally suggest a + Strength lure that makes you have a better chance of succeeding after fucking up a prompt, a + Rarer Shit lure and a + Longer Time / prompt lure.
Now I know that a lot of these wouldn't get used anyways BUT I think that they could tie into another thing fishing is lacking.
That "thing" being the Soulcatchers lack of a trait.
Most people have since long given up on the soulcatcher getting a trait but what if Brass gave it the ability to absorb lures for semi-permanent buffs.
Basically the Soulcatcher would suck up the "soul" from two lures and gain a randomized mixture of stats from those two lures (essentially give the lures a range they can roll from and roll them).
If you get bad rolls? You need to get 2 new lures and try again.
Now this doesn't really solve the problem of lures not being used but it'd make for a neat trait.

My final gripe with the current state of fishing is the lack of rewards or progression tied to your fishing level. It's really irrelevant sadly and I would like to see that changed.
The crafting system has really cool perks but fishing wouldn't need anything that fancy. % Buffs every 3 levels would make a large impact for very little effort and that leaves room for meaningful perks as well.

To summarize: The rewards are still bland. The fishing shop is irrelevant. There is no meaningful progression. There is no sense of reward for the current progression. The Soulcatcher should have a trait.
I want fishing to be good but it needs a lot of work to get there. (DM me Brass I miss you xoxo)
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Mighty List of Fishing Update Ideas - NNNYYYTTTEEEMMMAAARRRTTT - 05-18-2020, 05:01 AM