The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Remove Despair from Rats in Grims

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE REMOVE THE DESPAIR FROM RATS IN GRIMS. replace it with any DoT that doesn't RAPE the eyes of whoever gets hit with it.

i will start this thread with an anecdote. around a little less than a year ago, I scratched my retina because I'm a dumbass and leave my contacts in for way longer than they're supposed to be in my eyes. In that time, I had to turn my monitor brightness to 5/100, gamma way down, and close all my windows and blinds. couldn't look at any form of bright light without immense pain in my eye. I did bloodwynd a couple times, and any time he did his Green spell attack, i'd have to avert my eyes, or else I'd feel like I was getting stabbed in the eye with an axe.

I would literally rather have to do all that again than continue to deal with the rats despair procs in grims. whereas bloodwynd only does the spell at most once per minute, and isn't guaranteed to use it at all during a fight, whereas rats are at least 50% of the mobs that spawn in Grims, and are GUARANTEED to proc it on hitting you. Oftentimes, you can't dodge their attacks while walking through them or while defending a pillar. There's no counterplay beyond just walking really far from the pillar, meaning you'll lose if you don't stand by the pillar and get constantly eye-raped by the proc. the proc also makes it super hard to see the other mobs approaching, and despair stacks, meaning that you'll get hit by enemies you can barely see and it'll proc despair on you AGAIN, just prolonging the cycle. It's an obnoxious change to make the rats more "dangerous" that doesn't really do that so much as make them fucking obnoxious.

Please replace it with bleed, or something. it works in IoD, it should work here just as well.

Messages In This Thread
Remove Despair from Rats in Grims - DONGERWEED29266602592O38523097 - 07-08-2019, 11:43 PM
RE: Remove Despair from Rats in Grims - A2 - 07-09-2019, 04:08 PM