Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Should an untradeable copy of the Monthly item drop after 20+ full daily completions?
No
Yes
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

A change to the monthly daily reward system

There's a new one every month, and they will eventually come full circle(meaning they will become obtainable again). If you don't get one this month, you still have plenty of chances for the next just by passively playing, then if you don't like the one you may end up getting, you could sell/trade it for one you do want (or just flat out buy it with coins).
Quote:What do you mean you don't *have* to do the dailies under the proposed system? What Dreadark said at the beginning of the thread is how I feel, if someone is dedicated enough to complete the dailies 25 times in one month, that should be enough. I don't know about you, but it's not always possible for me to be on to complete dailies EVERY SINGLE DAY of the month. Sometimes stuff comes up. You still have to complete 50 hours of work vs 60 hours of work, and 50 hours is plenty enough.
He meant you can skip some of the time-sink ones and just not do them for that day.

I dunno though, you already get a ton of loot from dailies, so you're never just putting in all that time for nothing because of the loot/challenge scrolls and chances to drop other things alone, and not to mention that's not even the only way to obtain monthly items. If you don't care about the daily loot, then just sell it, save up coins and try to buy the monthly you want. There have been plenty sold in trade logs.

With how easy daily challenges are now, it's not far-fetched to think there will be quite a few people who will complete all of them for 25 days in a month. Just look at the completion rates, all of them having 30+ per day since the changes. Certainly doesn't align with 'very few will be able to do it' so I'm not sure what makes you think that, especially if they know it guarantees them the monthly, I can bet you that would be very good incentives for more than a select few players to put in the time needed in 4 weeks. Which by the way, isn't a bad thing for the server, it's just that making an item guaranteed can indeed make it less special.

Also keep in mind, not all monthly items will just be misc slot/utility items like the warbanner. I do not agree with having a guaranteed prim+ primary/secondary weapon, that's more than a gimmick/novelty item. If you haven't noticed, all of the guaranteed items are utility/gimmicky items. Something like the warbanner I see as fine as a guaranteed item, but something comparable to a high-end primordial for instance, would be bad to have guaranteed, so making 'em guaranteed would only limit what I can choose to do for monthly items. (Not saying I have plans to make any best-in slot primordial primary/secondaries or anything from monthly items, but I want to do some interesting stuff)

What I said on discord was tracking how many completions you did in a month, and when the next monthly comes up, you get a bunch of bonus rolls at the previous monthly depending on how many times you completed dailies.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A change to the monthly daily reward system - Brassx - 05-26-2019, 07:00 AM