Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Should an untradeable copy of the Monthly item drop after 20+ full daily completions?
No
Yes
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

A change to the monthly daily reward system

(05-25-2019, 08:42 PM)DONGERWEED29266602592O38523097 Wrote:  for the same reason no one "deserves" anything for grinding events for weeks to get no special drops, an for the same reason no one "deserves" anything for spending all of the coins, which they earned with time put into the server, on crates and getting nothing special. it's something you choose to do and invest time into with hopes of a return, and sometimes that doesn't pan out. That is how it's supposed to work.

It's not even as if you *have* to do the "excessive" time dailies under the proposed system, you have around 5 days in a month where you can skip them completely.

The difference is that the grand majority of those events and crates are available for you to grind forever, whereas you just have one month for this. Additionally, you're speaking as if it would be the end of the world and that it would devalue your special monthly for someone to get an untradeable version of it, which doesn't make all too much sense to me. There is plenty of precedent set that says that's NOT how it's always supposed to work, like the crystal synergizer and shurikens. Both of those are guaranteed when you grind enough for them, or you could get lucky and get a tradeable version first, which is exactly how this proposed system would work.

What do you mean you don't *have* to do the dailies under the proposed system? What Dreadark said at the beginning of the thread is how I feel, if someone is dedicated enough to complete the dailies 25 times in one month, that should be enough. I don't know about you, but it's not always possible for me to be on to complete dailies EVERY SINGLE DAY of the month. Sometimes stuff comes up. You still have to complete 50 hours of work vs 60 hours of work, and 50 hours is plenty enough.

I speak all of this as someone who has already dropped my banner. I would hate to see the people that worked the hardest to get their item get fucked by RNG, when they're the ones most dedicated to the server. I don't feel like it would make my banner any less special, as theirs is untradeable and it doesn't affect me in the slightest. Everyone seems to be assuming that this change will mean EVERYONE will have the monthly item, when in reality it will only be the people that are dedicated enough to hop online and play 2+ hours for the grand majority of the days in that month. That's not going to be very many people.
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A change to the monthly daily reward system - Dylan - 05-26-2019, 04:43 AM