Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New rules discussions(v3?)

I think the updated rules look great except for two things.

1. "Walking through/BLATANTLY avoiding bear traps."
-- I use beartraps as one of my primary ways of killing people, and honestly, if you're not rushing around every corner, they're not too hard to spot. There's been countless times that I've placed a bear trap, waited around a corner, and heard someone start shooting it. Alternatively, I could be waiting around that corner, and hear the bear trap go off, and as I turn the corner, there's already an inno right in my face in front of the guy in the bear trap because he ran -barely- to the side of it and didn't set it off. Overall, the bear trap hitboxes are sketchy at best, and I don't think there's a really good way to balance them to the point you can KOS someone out of it other than watching a Traitor place it.

2. "This is hard to pinpoint as it can be very situational and vary VASTLY depending on the situation and context, but for example, if you ID a body and it shows they died only a few seconds ago, but you saw someone fleeing the scene with the same weapon(with no other ways to escape), just before you found/saw the body. You should be able to piece together and rightfully KOS the person fleeing the scene. But be prepared to take punishment if wrong."
-- Everything here is pretty much okay, from what I can tell, except the KOS off weapon. That will -definitely- be abused, especially for the already sweaty people that want to get kills for daily/scroll challenges. There's so many unique guns, or people using a type of gun (Beebee with his mini-uzi for example) that people would just kos off the weapon itself, ignoring the time since death.

Let's say Beebee killed someone with his mini-uzi, yeah? Happens all the time, but almost no one else uses one unless it's for a challenge, so it's likely he's going to be the only person on the server that's wielding a mini-uzi. 40 seconds pass, and the DNA has expired. Up comes xXProTTTPlayer420Xx to ID the body, sees that a mini-uzi killed them. They're just gonna go hunt down Beebee, who's probably cowering in a corner with a healing orb after losing half his hp mowing 3 people down, and just execute him. Then, as a response to the report, he could just say "I saw Beebee gun that guy down forever ago, I just didn't call it out so he didn't get suspicious of me". It'll be abused, I say omit the KOS off gun.
Find

Messages In This Thread
New rules discussions(v3?) - Brassx - 01-23-2019, 06:42 AM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Terran - 01-23-2019, 09:39 AM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Unpoke - 01-23-2019, 03:57 PM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Brassx - 01-23-2019, 04:21 PM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Kuro - 01-23-2019, 05:07 PM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Brassx - 01-23-2019, 05:15 PM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Kuro - 01-24-2019, 01:48 AM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Dreadark - 01-24-2019, 02:27 AM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Terran - 01-23-2019, 08:07 PM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Dreadark - 01-24-2019, 12:40 AM