Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Change Lyrus fight.

It's a large fight, with attacks that are mostly easy to dodge. I don't really think it needs to be made too much easier, though I can agree with the some of proposed changes, and will try to make some of the attacks a little more fair(and make chipping not a valid strat). A small change in terms of damage or how easy something is to dodge can go a long way in terms of fight difficulty, especially when there's a lot of people involved. It's hard to make a giant boss fight vs 16 people(that can attack the boss at range with guns), without a ton of AoE/aggro swaps, it's very difficult to make the fight spooky/challenging while also making it feel at least a little rewarding/fair.

Look at it this way: If everyone could easily dodge every single attack 100% of the time, or the boss didn't get dangerously close, it would be super easy, and that's not much fun.. That doesn't challenge players. With us being limited in terms of player-abilities (no dodge/invincibility frames), and players using guns, it really limits what I can do. I do think it's a little unfair to the player, and has some poor-boss-design elements by choice, because of that, but It's really some of the only things I could think of to bring a giant melee-based-boss into a 16 player gun fight. (Speaking of some of her more unfair attacks, that are pretty difficult to dodge)

I have personally verified that all of her attacks are dodge-able, some being very difficult to dodge. However, I think most of the 'missed dodges' from his lava-ground attacks comes from low client FPS, that could cause the real position of the attack to lag behind a little more, making you have to 'pre dodge' it even more, also his rampage attack already shouldn't trigger if you're too close to him. His rampage attack also stops tracking you soon after it begins(I think after the first or second slam, don't fully recall offhand), meaning it's much easier to dodge than it leads on. The AoE 'splashes' from it are likely where most of the damage comes from.
Find

Messages In This Thread
Change Lyrus fight. - TJ1524 - 01-08-2019, 02:47 AM
RE: Change Lyrus fight. - Zarox - 01-08-2019, 03:06 AM
RE: Change Lyrus fight. - Fancy Jolly Typh - 01-08-2019, 03:10 AM
RE: Change Lyrus fight. - Kuro - 01-08-2019, 04:49 AM
RE: Change Lyrus fight. - Brassx - 01-08-2019, 06:37 AM
RE: Change Lyrus fight. - Unpoke - 01-08-2019, 06:04 PM
RE: Change Lyrus fight. - Kheyre - 01-08-2019, 08:23 AM
RE: Change Lyrus fight. - MicroBoss - 01-08-2019, 03:25 PM
RE: Change Lyrus fight. - Alex Summers - 01-08-2019, 07:24 PM