Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A change to the map voting screen

(01-07-2019, 10:49 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  I like this idea except then I feel like this is gonna make maps that don't have any random special rounds super uncommon to play on Sad

i feel like we just need someone to manage maps better
like get black parade or someone, because some maps that have been bugged and nobody wants to play on have been in the rotation for quite some time even with people complaining about them, while some other maps that nobody wants to play keep getting forced to play because nobody wants to pick them.

for instance, why do we have two slender maps?
the one with the flooding and stuff i actually like, but the other one is just too big and zoney, and nobody wants to actually choose it (that, and nobody can distinguish it from the other slender map)

I know the system we have is to stop the super popular maps from always being the only maps played, but we need more maps people actually enjoy and to get rid of the maps that nobody wants to play on. (with this, add more maps that can be potential spider/dragon/etc round maps to make this feature work better, cause its an idea i actually really like)

If I am to speak for the other side, though, there's always the people who anytime (even if a minigame hasnt happened in like 3 maps) will go afk during a special round just cause they dont wanna play it.
I personally dont understand it, but then again perhaps im used to the hype that used to occur on NTG when you got the bar on the top of your screen that a boss round was about to happen. Some people just dont like to have to deal with minigames, so if the majority that is in favor of boss rounds always chooses maps that have a boosted chance for a boss fight, then the people who dont enjoy the rounds will just dislike playing ttt even more.
I think another way to give people the incentive to participate is to make sure loot is proper for each event.
If we add this feature, I'd be fine if the general chance for boss fights is lowered again so long as they provide proper loot. I mean, hunter rounds (if the hunter knows what they're doing and doesnt die in less than 30 seconds) can give some ok drops if you run around and farm the orbs that spawn, but there's nothing unique from them. That, and the packages reduce the feel of teamwork and promote the "agh i gotta get as much damage as i can i gotta get as much loot as i can" idea.
Also, I feel like spider queen is the only boss that gives good loot? Compared to dragon, it seems much better. And if you compare it to stuff like gun game that still gives 2 crates to first place, there's no real incentive to participate unless you genuinely enjoy the game mode or are competitive and always want to try to get 1st place.

tl;dr make people wanna do the boss fights and minigames by making them a bit more rare normally, and a bit more common via this suggestion, and buff the loot to make it even across the board. Have gungame give more than 2 crates to first place for christ's sake, make dragon loot give actual rewards to the dragon when they win, and give hunter some unique loot.
When a dragon round begins.

Find

Messages In This Thread
A change to the map voting screen - Terran - 01-07-2019, 06:51 PM
RE: A change to the map voting screen - Fancy Jolly Typh - 01-07-2019, 11:27 PM