The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Jolly Crystal

Oh boy another jolly crystal thread!
Ive been playing since its changes for two hours and as a Traitor I wait for the people with the crystal to die or kindly ask my T buds to kill them.
The issue is that its a passive item that A) shakes the shooter's screen and B) does a lot of damage for an item that is passive.

First with the part that actually gets me heated.
I've been using an aug for a challenge scroll and it's miserable to fight against jolly crystal users just because of the scree shaking. When you take damage it acts as if you're being shot, and cool thats fine it makes me turn around now and then preparing to 180 the guy behind me who doesnt actually exist. But what's worse about it is that since it acts as if you're getting shot it moves your screen, making hitting shots that much harder.
This is mostly what has led me to ignore people with jolly crystals, because theyll be standing still and ill not be able to kill them in a clip or fast because my screen keeps shaking off their head.

Second is so-so, given it's the purpose of the crystal.
I was joking about it while i was gone for the weekend but wow it's actually pretty bad. Twice i've say gotten warrior with the aug, shot someone in the head 3 times to kill them (49 hs damage), just to proc every time and get me down to like 30% hp. And that's disregarding if I even killed them in a reasonable time or not due to my screen jacking around whoever im shooting.

Honestly, my proposals are either:
-Make the crystal work like a neurotoxin or whatever the hl2 thing is called. Keep its stats the same, but allow whoever is applied the damage to heal from all the damage the crystal gave them in 5-10 seconds. It keeps the crystal viable in a head-on fight, and it doesnt screw over someone's round for getting an unlocky proc.

-Reduce the chance to proc the damage. You can re-raise how much it does by a bit, but I honestly think a reduction to a 35% chance to reflect damage is fair.

-Remove the recoil taken from damage taken from the crystal. Ill still find myself complaining for sure, but the most irritating part is getting a kill jacked, losing half my HP and getting KOS'd because the crystal moves my screen around.
When a dragon round begins.

Messages In This Thread
Jolly Crystal - Fancy Jolly Typh - 12-24-2018, 08:17 PM
RE: Jolly Crystal - Bradley - 12-24-2018, 08:29 PM
RE: Jolly Crystal - Terran - 12-24-2018, 09:25 PM
RE: Jolly Crystal - Bezerker - 12-24-2018, 10:11 PM
RE: Jolly Crystal - Fagxel - 12-24-2018, 10:21 PM
RE: Jolly Crystal - Beebee1303 - 12-24-2018, 11:10 PM
RE: Jolly Crystal - Fancy Jolly Typh - 12-25-2018, 01:31 AM
RE: Jolly Crystal - Fancy Jolly Typh - 12-25-2018, 02:16 PM