Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Desperado/ Felriff - Ban Appeal

(07-07-2018, 01:24 AM)TJ1524 Wrote:  
(07-07-2018, 12:46 AM)Kuro Wrote:  A permanent ban is meant to be permanent, it's supposed to mean that you never come back. What's the point of perma banning somebody so they can come back and get more chances?

I believe it should be as hard to appeal a permanent ban as it is to get one, very hard. They should not be handed out lightly.
In this case a permanent ban was justified and got more justified as time went on.

At any point if he had been given a second chance, permanent bans mean less, and this dude become Mr Cheese v2

Now that's not very fair. Plenty of people get permanently banned. They aren't hard to get either.
Image (Probably banned for advertising)
And countless permanent RDM ones.

Just because they decided to RDM a few people a year ago and decide they want to try the server out the way it was meant to be played and being said "No, you mass rdmed/rdmed and left in the past and we can't accept that."

It's pretty surprising because you don't even know the guy other than the action that got him banned and then a year later decided to look up a random server when he could've just played so many others.

Now for this case, I can't personally say because I didn't exist at the time, but it looks like the other servers forgave and haven't banned him again. If you really wanted to check if he changed, just go to one of the servers under a different name when hes on and judge for yourself.

Again, if you just don't like his personality this time around, just record and make a thread when you think you have enough evidence.

I agree that permanent bans are not very hard to come by, they SHOULD be harder to come by. I disagree with plenty of the rules on the server. I feel like intentions should be weighed more in deciding bans.
For example a new person can come in, drop the n bomb, and be permanently banned without considering the intention. Then a certain someone can say it and have everyone laugh it off.  

That's not to say I don't agree with this case, I do think he should remain banned for the time being .
Personally I'd like to see him engaging with the community more before an appeal, much like Matlas, Nuggie, and D3f4ult did before their unbans.
We've got a Discord, shoutbox, and forums. My private channel in Discord is open to most people and I like talking with new people.

I don't agree with showing up after a history like this and be handed a second chance and go on your way onto thin ice to go drown.
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Desperado/ Felriff - Ban Appeal - Kuro - 07-06-2018, 12:53 PM
RE: Desperado/ Felriff - Ban Appeal - Kuro - 07-06-2018, 08:32 PM
RE: Desperado/ Felriff - Ban Appeal - Axe - 07-06-2018, 10:55 PM
RE: Desperado/ Felriff - Ban Appeal - Kuro - 07-07-2018, 12:46 AM
RE: Desperado/ Felriff - Ban Appeal - Kuro - 07-07-2018, 01:18 AM
RE: Desperado/ Felriff - Ban Appeal - Kuro - 07-07-2018, 01:50 AM
RE: Desperado/ Felriff - Ban Appeal - Hala - 07-07-2018, 07:11 AM