Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dev blog #2 (April 2017 - Realms only!)

From A guy who doesn't play much frg, but likes to keep tabs, because it constantly looks cool.

Random damage in a first person game is a huge No No to me and many others, and kinda turns me away from something I otherwise would instantly jump on. Anyone who has played morrowind will tell you that the combat in that game is really derpy due to it's hit / miss system. There is nothing more infuriating than when it feels like something you are doing doesn't have impact even if it's nothing of your own fault. Especially when you are in more moment to moment control than say a tactics game like say Xcom.

With xcom you have ways of tactically manipulating that outside of a static value by the use of abilities, positioning, and distance. However with this which already requires you to do several things at once ie moving and aiming you can't easily add complexity and depth to that and it also sounds like it's just a static value anyways.

It doesn't really add a meaningful mechanic and is just another thing added for another form of progression to make that static value lower. It doesn't make combat or gameplay more enjoyable in any way it's an arbitrary hurdle.
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dev blog #2 (April 2017 - Realms only!) - Mr.Tarrasque - 04-09-2017, 10:25 AM