Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Possible Fishing Changes & Cosmetic/Rune Changes

Quote:Upgraded Kraken Lure - I don't have the exact statistics to back up this claim, but it feels like it's more worthwhile to use a nightcrawler over a kraken lure always. Since the 75% catch rate stacks multiplicatively with the 32% from the soulcatcher and the xx% from VIP lake, you effectively catch fish almost instantly. While kraken lure is raising your chance of catching the kraken with any cast, you're getting more casts by using a nightcrawler. Without having the exact chances to do the calculation, over the course of leveling to 76 I've alternated between kraken lures and nightcrawlers. Nightcrawlers always feel better. You get more keys and more scrolls, and in my experience the discombobulators that I've gotten have mostly (if not all) been from nightcrawler casts. In addition, nightcrawler casts level you faster, which is better for future content overall. If kraken lure is even better statistically, it feels so bad trading your rusty keys and challenge scrolls for it that it doesn't ever feel worthwhile to use it.

Here's the whole problem with Nightcrawlers: They're too good to not use. You're absolutely correct with just about everything mentioned. The one thing that you forget to mention is that nightcrawler is pure profit basically. I'm at 331K fishbucks all because I didn't catch 2 letters with nightcrawlers. I bought 3 kraken lures one day and didn't get anything from them. It's basically a waste to maybe get one discombob every couple of lures. With nightcrawlers, I'm getting more fishing exp, semi-more pass exp, more fish bucks, and probably just as equal of a chance to a discombob.

Upgraded Fishing Bag is sort of meh, could just use a few more bags as they're not that expensive. The fishing boxes would be neat. Synthetic eye is sort of a yikes as that's basically a really good way to get scrolls. As for the never used lures, they might as well be something you can catch. People will probably still not use them, but at least there's the option.

Also, LET US USE RUNE OF RESTORATION ON LURES and drag lures onto fishing rods please.

My problem with fishing is that there's not much to look forward to. Something additive is exciting, as I like getting cosmetics as it's common and lets me make runes fairly well. I would like to refrain from Rune dust as that sounds like it's going to be a crafting recipe (actually, do this only if it's going to be like key crafting, where it's cheaper). There's also no reason to keep any of the fish we catch. I liked the idea of cooking, but that seems like a waste of effort. Maybe just small crafting recipes that included them to do something would be fine. Something like a barrel of fish (9 small fish, 9 medium fish, or 9 large fish or something to that extent.)

Rusty keys are priced weird in the community for how little they usually reward. I would kind of like to see Djinns somehow introduced into this since they're going the untradable route, maybe along with the cache crate.

Feeding frenzies would also be cool too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible Fishing Changes & Cosmetic/Rune Changes - TJ1524 - 07-14-2020, 02:27 AM