Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Changes to MoonLord

Didn't want to make him any bigger because GMOD doesn't like changing a models scale. 2.5x was the limit I could do without physics completely freaking out.

GMOD has a bug found here where it scales the AABB of a player when you scale the model, as well as scaling it by the hull size.

So when you scale a playermodel up 2x, and then adjust the players actual collision hulls to match, the bounding box (used for various internal stuff) is actually scaled x4, causing weird prediction issues in the player movement system.

That's why if you go in-doors as the moonlord, or have a roof above you too close, you get weird stutters.

Also that reminds me, there's a feature disabled with his weapon, where he's required to deal damage to people every so often, or he will begin taking damage. I can enable that to stop camping.

Other than that, I think his small size is fine since his attacks themselves aren't that deadly, but I do agree with fixing up the minions. Though I know where exactly to shoot them so it's not too difficult for me.
Find

Messages In This Thread
Changes to MoonLord - MicroBoss - 03-08-2019, 06:58 AM
RE: Changes to MoonLord - Brassx - 03-08-2019, 09:46 AM
RE: Changes to MoonLord - Ace - 03-08-2019, 10:15 AM
RE: Changes to MoonLord - Brassx - 03-08-2019, 10:36 AM
RE: Changes to MoonLord - MicroBoss - 03-08-2019, 10:35 AM
RE: Changes to MoonLord - MicroBoss - 03-08-2019, 10:38 AM
RE: Changes to MoonLord - The Black Parade - 03-08-2019, 01:13 PM