The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nexus Repeater Changes

So, as far as I know, there's no real advantage to using the alternate (right click) fire on the Nexus Repeater. It's the same amount of damage, with lower overall accuracy, in the same time frame. There's 3 changes to the right click that I could think of to make it more practical and actually worth using.

1. Make it more like a repeater, and burst like a famas. I'm thinking 3 shots that fire 2 bullets each in very short time (250-1000 milliseconds), with a short cooldown in between each burst. This will make it more bursty, better at a medium range, but punishing if you miss.

2. Make it shoot an extra bullet with the same firerate but with lower accuracy, in a consistent pattern. Something like ( .'. ) , ( ... ) , or ( '.' ) could all work. This would drain your ammo significantly faster and reduce the effectiveness mid-close range, but be significantly better short range (like a shotgun).

3. Make holding right click modify your primary fire for a -very- short time/limited number of bullets. This could be like Aezurth where you hold right click, and then after the bar is filled, your primary fire could: a) double shoot for a second or two like the current right click, but with the primary's firerate. b) have aoe bullets for a clip or until reload. c) not consume ammo until the bar drained (3-5 seconds).

I would like to say that I'm not great at balancing (I don't think), but as of right now, the alt-fire on the NR is just not as good as primary, and these are some ways that could improve it. I'm sure some people smarter than me will post better ideas on how to improve it, I just wanted to shine light on the subject and give you some of my input. Thanks for reading. ^-^

Messages In This Thread
Nexus Repeater Changes - Sole Soul of Sol - 01-30-2019, 10:17 PM
RE: Nexus Repeater Changes - Brassx - 01-30-2019, 10:27 PM
RE: Nexus Repeater Changes - Terran - 01-30-2019, 10:42 PM
RE: Nexus Repeater Changes - Beebee1303 - 01-30-2019, 11:33 PM
RE: Nexus Repeater Changes - DONGERWEED - 01-31-2019, 12:40 AM
RE: Nexus Repeater Changes - Fagxel - 01-31-2019, 03:53 PM