Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ways to add more uniques and variety

(10-02-2018, 03:52 AM)Vhoxel Wrote:  Pretty much asking to add more uniques guns to the server since we haven't had a fresh batch of "non-limited" uniques (Meatballer doesn't count, screw you nutfart harhar). The last ones we got were from community crate 1 I think?  The suggestion section is full of untapped potential containing many interesting gun ideas that will sadly never happen. Thus, I suggest having more unique guns added to the server periodically.

There are multiple ways we could do this.

Crates: Our last 2 non limited crates (Hellfire and Crescent 2) only had new tiers introduced in them along with the godlikes. While the tiers did have some new interesting mechanics like lunar plane and walk on fire, it feels boring to just have only tiers added in. Sneaking 1-2 new unique gun would be cool.

Global drop table: Just like the 3 new godlikes we got (Shadowstrike, Nexus and Epilogue), more uniques could be introduced the same way as they did. Just like the Nighthawk and the Glock-a-doodle-do, they could come from any purchaseable crates, keys and random drops. Maybe have them be rarer so they don't just flood the market.

End round exclusives: Just like the Blackdeath, we could add more non-godlike uniques that will only come from end of round drops with varying rarity.

Future events: More uniques again, like the grimoire, which can be acquired from doing bloodwynd.

Challenge scrolls: It makes me a bit sad that the only "unique" stuff is considered "Primordial+" in challenge scrolls. We could've had more Legendary and Rare uniques.

Crescent case II was full of unique items and I spent quite a bit of time on them, just because some were tiers, doesn't really mean it's much different. It shows you, people don't give two shits about them really. If they aren't GOOD, no one cares, even if it uses a unique weapon-base (I have done unique weapon types for prims). It's basically a waste of development time to put all the work into low-tier uniques, when it becomes dead content/key fodder in a matter of minutes after launch. (in fact, we do have quite a few legendary uniques. But guess what.. not many care about 'em)

The mind set is, why put in extra work hours on low-tier items, when it could be spent on items people actually will care about? Why would I spend a few extra hours adding a new weapon type, its models, sounds, stats, to a Rare-only unique, only to have it completely overlooked and not used at all.. When I could make it good, bump its rarity up, and it be a bit more used/wanted?
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ways to add more uniques and variety - Brassx - 10-02-2018, 04:52 AM