The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Energy Shield - Name Pending

So, I love how the Hylian Shield can block bullets, but I was thinking that it'd be pretty fun to have something a bit different, and I think that we have a perfectly functioning model as-is.

If you've played on the map Amityville, (I forgot the name), there's a strange-looking sort of riot shield in the police station. You can magneto it around and it blocks bullets. So, my suggestion is based off of that.

It could be a Melee/Misc slot, with no push power or melee attack. The shield absorbs kinetic energy, but it does have some downsides; every shot it takes can cause you to lose a bit of ground. So, a hail of fire will push you back pretty rough. You can mitigate this by crouching behind it, thus additionally making yourself a smaller target, but then you can't move.

The Shield would have a "Usage" meter, similar to Orbs, where either from X time or X damage it'll run out and potentially need to recharge. I just feel that it'd be fun to have something cool and considering there's a potential model, and the whole bullet-blocking thing is already implemented, it doesn't sound super hard.

So, the upsides would be that it absorbs bullets, the downside would be that you'd lose traction when it gets shot.

*As an added tiny bonus, maybe the more damage it takes, the faster you move?

Messages In This Thread
Energy Shield - Name Pending - Terran - 09-02-2016, 06:13 PM
RE: Energy Shield - Name Pending - Kili - 09-02-2016, 06:15 PM
RE: Energy Shield - Name Pending - Kuro - 09-02-2016, 06:28 PM
RE: Energy Shield - Name Pending - Unpoke - 09-02-2016, 06:40 PM
RE: Energy Shield - Name Pending - Eclipse - 09-02-2016, 10:24 PM