Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mind Numbingly Hard Quests for Guarenteed Godlikes

(08-19-2016, 02:44 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
(08-19-2016, 01:17 PM)Angry_Reaper Wrote:  so after calming the fuck down since i was so salty before i re read this and i think it should still be implemented, but not a guranteed godlike. Maybe like a high chance for a godlike and if a normal godlike drop chance is like 3% maybe bump it up to 25% chance to drop, and maybe for the rest of the things that can be dropped make them primordials or legendarys, and maybe add in like a 10% chance for a bow drop? i dont really know much about rng or how it really works but like maybe just a higher chance to drop a godlike and/or a bow, that way theres still a chance to get something badish but u still get a reward for like for doing like a godlike hard quest

RNG gives everyone an equal chance to get the same drops, RNG doesn't care who is who, or who is skilled. That comes from players attaching their said beliefs to a completely random and unbiased system. Some people just have more chances at obtaining items than others, whether it be from farming bosses/minigames, insane playtimes/coin amounts, or donating/taking advantage of the VIP deals. RNG works in strange ways, and one person may end up getting multiple before someone else gets one. That's just how Random Number Generators work. It's as unbiased as it can be without me adding unfair limitations to a users drops.

You have to realize, any kind of guaranteed way to get a guaranteed good drop will be exploited by any means players will find. Players are greedy, and giving a platform for boosting, or anything like that would be more harmful to the server than anything.

So any quest to get any kind of good loot from simply completing it WILL be farmed/boosted. Staff can not be on 24/7 to monitor to make sure people aren't farming. They have lives too.

The only thing I would possibly do something like that for would be some kind of untradeable Accessory. Or something like a fairly rare quest(or quest chain) that you can find that's pretty difficult that gives some kind of unique untradeable weapon only obtainable from it. Making it untradeable is a good way to help minimize problems surrounding it. But it still creates some.

Keep in mind, Godlikes aren't the only good weapons in the game(they just have more unique playstyles for the most part). Look at something like  Bellums. Pretty good weapon, cheap, but not very sought after.. Why? Because everyone has one, or at least A LOT of people. This exact thing would happen to Godlikes if you were able to obtain them as easily as you want them to be. They would lose that special factor that makes them sought after so much.

Well it could give a special accessory/title to people who accomplish hard feats not just a certain amount of kills would also be really cool like a halo for completing The Best Samaritan.
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mind Numbingly Hard Quests for Guarenteed Godlikes - HeisenBurger - 08-19-2016, 03:38 PM