Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

FRG is hitting a hard point.

You're absolutely correct, Brass, but the problem there is what you talked about: You're the linchpin, the absolute center of FRG. If people went to you with every single issue, it'd get out of hand, since nobody can handle that level of responsibility, especially not while maintaining the server. We all have to speak up for ourselves but we can't all speak for ourselves. I don't really know how to place it better, and you're definitely correct that not everybody will get along, but that's the real issue: People aren't just not getting along, they're not trying to get along.

FRG is a hell of a lot better than virtually any other server I've seen on Garrys Mod, both from its management, playerbase and choice of staff members (I mean, you did recruit me, the magnificent Terran after all), but everything slips eventually. Losing Jake as Manager is a huge hit to how things work, since he commands extreme respect and knows how to shoulder responsibility, which absolutely seems to help the server. I honestly don't know if there is anyone qualified to take up the slot that he left, which was enormous. Still, I want to see everyone get together more, and I don't want to see sides being taken.

As you said: Even if someone dislikes another person to the point that they won't play with them on the server, all they will do is complain to their friends, and those friends will complain to others. Both sides will grow irate, and neutral players will suffer due to it. Everyone forms hierarchies and small gangs. If we all just let ourselves vent in a mature and responsible way, then I think that it'd be better for everyone, including the server.

So, due to that point, I can't agree with you stating that we should all go through you or with each other. We all have to learn to understand each-other, we can't use third parties or patsies to make our decisions from the distance, while never closing the gap. We can only have so many chasms form until there's nowhere to place a bridge. I could be completely incorrect with that, or stupid for arguing said point to you, but if things are left how they are, you will most likely see a huge amount of FRG's older playerbase gradually drifting off. I know that it happened with NTG, especially when the Inventory system was seeing the light of day and management changed hands, but change should happen.

I'm not saying my point is better than you, or I could do a better job, or, hell, that ANYONE could do a better job, but we all have to be involved in some way. I don't want to just see staff members' opinions be regarded, I want everyone to have the chance to speak up in a fair and even environment. So, you're right, but I disagree a slight amount. This isn't an argument or something, please don't take it that way, I love FRG and have absolute respect for how situations have been handled, especially with how quickly and effectively they are, but please let the community take their opinions and emotions and let it out.

This is a gaming community, but in the end, its a community. As long as it isn't dividing the server or causing issues, people should be free to speak up their minds. If someone makes a complaint then suddenly those two players are the absolute center of attention, and it comes down to them and their friends arguing it out. That just simply isn't right, it causes too much drama and emotional grief.

I don't -really- know where I'm going with this, but let us work together as a group, as a community. Not individually. If you have issues with someone, bring it up in a fair, intelligent and polite tone, and get it out there! I'm *probably* going to bed in a few minutes, but as always I'm like a lump of cancer that cannot be removed.

I feel I stated it, but I'm not trying to challenge authority here, hand down judgement or complain about the management. It is an excellent system that's supported by intelligent people, but its also a closed thing. One man cannot be the Judge, the Jury and the Executioner. He cannot simply rely on one others' opinion on those matters, there must be a council, of which everyone may participate.

P.S: Thank you for bringing up more about the "Staff vs Player" thing I see going on. I can't explain it but its a complete tirade of insanity, and I'm going to lose my mind over it.
Find

Messages In This Thread
FRG is hitting a hard point. - Terran - 03-20-2016, 08:11 AM
RE: FRG is hitting a hard point. - Daniel - 03-20-2016, 08:41 AM
RE: FRG is hitting a hard point. - Brassx - 03-20-2016, 08:50 AM
RE: FRG is hitting a hard point. - Terran - 03-20-2016, 09:01 AM
RE: FRG is hitting a hard point. - Brassx - 03-20-2016, 09:50 AM
RE: FRG is hitting a hard point. - Eryehka - 03-20-2016, 09:22 AM
RE: FRG is hitting a hard point. - Kcat - 03-20-2016, 11:08 AM
RE: FRG is hitting a hard point. - Unpoke - 03-20-2016, 02:42 PM
RE: FRG is hitting a hard point. - Jake1o - 03-20-2016, 03:59 PM
RE: FRG is hitting a hard point. - Brassx - 03-20-2016, 10:14 PM