The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Information for newbies

Here is my experience as a new player regarding the custom content:

Why don't I have weapons?
*Check chat for any announcements regarding information*
*Watch for any commands*
20 people on, kinda hard to get a word in edgewise as a new player
Guess you just have to kind of grind out some playtime or drops. Maybe it's an anti-minge measure
-Hours later-
Someone just said something about inventory... *b*, *i* OHHHHH. Gotta dig around and figure this out now.
The hell is a crystal? What's a charge? Just going to ignore that for now
We have levels? *!level*. Oh someone said it's on the scoreboard.
Oh F3 opens something on this server
The hell are those gems? Nice custom spin on most of this. Customize model, with what? Item is empty. Accessories maybe? I don't have any of these coins to test that out though...
People keep talking about presents and quests. My quests menu is empty. How do they get them?
Oh a lobby server? I'll check it out. "Must be level 10", Okay I'll rejoin the TTT server. "Server is full"

I still don't know wtf the "event" is.

I see players running around with crowbars looking at the ground all the time. I ask if they spawned with weapons and they say no so I run them through the process.

There's some nice features on this server. I'm rusty on my GLua but the client/shared code I see is well done. So it's not an issue with code quality, moreso documentation, and oh god can I relate to that.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of new players leave out of frustration/lack of fun due to not knowing how to use all of the features. A few basic tutorials could go a long way.

Tacked on suggestions:
A few more fine-grained search features would be really nice. Checking the price history of items you find listed. Selecting the base type of weapon in the same way you select rarity. Affix searches perhaps.
Ability to close the end round vote. It currently prevents you from seeing the last round's score.
Maybe entirely disable awarding spectators(or those who have spectated X < minutes.) drops. There's a fair amount of what I would consider to be farming.
Drag and drop in the inventory shifts all items ahead of the target slot up by one rather than swaps items with the target slot. Shouldn't be too difficult code wise but I remember the shit show that is lua tables.

Messages In This Thread
Information for newbies - Dgc2002 - 12-29-2015, 04:10 PM
RE: Information for newbies - Dreadark - 12-29-2015, 04:31 PM
RE: Information for newbies - Unpoke - 12-29-2015, 05:53 PM
RE: Information for newbies - Brassx - 12-29-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: Information for newbies - Unpoke - 12-29-2015, 06:26 PM
RE: Information for newbies - Dreadark - 12-29-2015, 06:49 PM
RE: Information for newbies - Brassx - 12-29-2015, 08:09 PM
RE: Information for newbies - Dgc2002 - 12-29-2015, 08:16 PM
RE: Information for newbies - Brassx - 12-29-2015, 08:33 PM
RE: Information for newbies - Juan Cena - 12-29-2015, 10:56 PM