Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What more should you be able to do with coins?

(12-26-2015, 05:38 PM)Brassx Wrote:  •New coin only crates, these would be somewhat expensive for now, but have some unique stuff in them. The only way to open is from buying with coins. No rubies. No dropping them. Just coins. This could definitely help drain some of the coins right now, but it wont last. Once people have obtained it's contents, no one will really buy them much anymore.

-------Good idea and I agree with it.

I could also add a variety of them(shitload of work), that show up randomly in the coinshop. Similar to how the presents would show a random one each day in the shop.

---------I agree with jake focus more on t items and other things that you think will make the server more fun. I'd say if you really want to maybe do 1 or 2 other varieties but not a lot no need for it.

•Player statues in the Lobby server. I came up with this idea randomly, where there would be statues of your playermodel with your current coinshop loadout somewhere in the lobby. My original plan was to have something like top 3 highest levels/xp amounts displayed there automatically, but now maybe you buy them, rent them, or it display the top 3 players who donate coins to a certain NPC?  Not really sure on this one yet.

------Indifferent about this but it sounds pretty cool so why not.

•Upgrade tree's on some tiers. This one would be a lot of work, but if balanced properly it could be pretty interesting. I could have it so using it during TTT(and maybe events) gains XP on the weapon, once you level it up, it takes coins to unlock the next node in the tree. These nodes could do anything from just visual stuff, to maybe, over time, increasing the weapons stats to the max amount they can be (the items would have to drop with lowest stats always, so you work your way up to a perfect one). If the final stats are balanced, this could work, but I'd likely need to make the weapon fairly good for it to be viable to spend coins on upgrading it. Maybe a certain node would allow you to rename it? Or select a color for the weapon to be? Not really sure.

-------I'm good with this too as long as everything is balanced and gun stat upgrades aren't overpowered.

Maxed out stuff could possibly glow in game too, and  I could possibly work with some skin developers and make certain skins apply to it depending on it's level.

-------This would be a nice idea unlockable gear and skins would be pretty nice.

I know something kind of similar to this has been suggested, but I'm not talking about taking any weapon, and upgrading it so it goes beyond it's current stats. I'm talking about special tiers/uniques that drop with all lowest stats possible, and by leveling it you work your way to it's maximum stats/other cool visual stuff. But it requires coins to do so. Would any of you spend coins on this?

Post your ideas and thoughts!

Hmmmm my idea would be to have the players invest in getting mystery fragments from a crate they can only pay for with coins.(kind of going off of brass first idea). These fragments could be combined together to have a possible chance at fragment only items(these can be cosmetics, player models, guns, or special badges that have specific abilities). Now if needed we could make specific fragments go with each other but that's if you want to do that. Other then that the outcome from combining these can get you wither the fragment only items, regular items that can be found through crates or it could bust and you get nothing like opening a gift package. High risk but high reward. Hope you like the idea guys!
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What more should you be able to do with coins? - Omega_Garrus_X - 12-28-2015, 12:26 AM