Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A different kind of help. (Young people, check this out)

(08-31-2015, 03:59 AM)Shawnxstl Wrote:  
(08-31-2015, 02:36 AM)anangrybeaver Wrote:  So I just started college, and I think I've gotten a hold on everything (unlike OP and his thread Big Grin) I have basically a guaranteed job at a local school corporation and have my tuition COMPLETELY taken care of through my relative's VA benefits. Only gotta worry about books. Those terrible. Books.

Finally, something I can help with.

If you have the available funds, I would highly recommend buying your books instead of renting them. When you buy books, you're able to resell them. When you rent them, you're out of the money altogether.

Let's say you buy a book for $100 but could rent it for $70.
When you buy: End of semester comes around and you resell it for $80 or something
When you rent: end of semester comes around and you give it back for $0.

In the end, buying books could end up costing you a lot less money. In the above scenario, you've effectively "rented" the book for $20.

Some of my books were even cheaper to rent on my android tablet instead of getting a hard copy. Lets say the hard copy to buy used is 110, and the new one is 200. The digital version comes around to be 50 to 60 bucks.
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A different kind of help. (Young people, check this out) - anangrybeaver - 08-31-2015, 02:48 PM