Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Energy Shield - Name Pending

So, I love how the Hylian Shield can block bullets, but I was thinking that it'd be pretty fun to have something a bit different, and I think that we have a perfectly functioning model as-is.

If you've played on the map Amityville, (I forgot the name), there's a strange-looking sort of riot shield in the police station. You can magneto it around and it blocks bullets. So, my suggestion is based off of that.

It could be a Melee/Misc slot, with no push power or melee attack. The shield absorbs kinetic energy, but it does have some downsides; every shot it takes can cause you to lose a bit of ground. So, a hail of fire will push you back pretty rough. You can mitigate this by crouching behind it, thus additionally making yourself a smaller target, but then you can't move.

The Shield would have a "Usage" meter, similar to Orbs, where either from X time or X damage it'll run out and potentially need to recharge. I just feel that it'd be fun to have something cool and considering there's a potential model, and the whole bullet-blocking thing is already implemented, it doesn't sound super hard.

So, the upsides would be that it absorbs bullets, the downside would be that you'd lose traction when it gets shot.

*As an added tiny bonus, maybe the more damage it takes, the faster you move?

I like the sound of it, could be a lot of fun.
Find

I love the amsterville shield. Also it should have negative deploy speed because getting shot at and instantly whipping out a shield and spamming koses would be kinda op.
Find

I absolutely dislike the hylian shield for the fact it gives you positive mobility and makes you a walking shitbox via bullet blocking. I always find it impossible to headshot the person behind the shield and they can instantly whip out an mp5 while I reload and take me out.

I think this would probably be more balanced than the hylian shield but I'm not going to support it.
Find

CATCH PHRASE

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(09-02-2016, 06:28 PM)Kuro Wrote:  I absolutely dislike the hylian shield for the fact it gives you positive mobility and makes you a walking shitbox via bullet blocking. I always find it impossible to headshot the person behind the shield and they can instantly whip out an mp5 while I reload and take me out.

I think this would probably be more balanced than the hylian shield but I'm not going to support it.

Then it should give every weapon equipped a negative deploy speed stat aswell
Find

I always am up for more melees +1
Umpty Dumpty
Find

(09-02-2016, 07:57 PM)Bezerker Wrote:  I always am up for more melees +1

But its not a melee its just a shield. EDIT: Terran said it doesnt have a melee attack. It just goes in the melee slot. Barely a melee.
Find

We need this so we can have fucking SWAT team shit like me and Paladin did on that map every round, the shield works pretty much around teamwork and I feel like that could be a great addition to the server.

Maybe another downside that could be is that you cannot see through it and be able to call anyone out since you know, it's a shield that's covering your entire view.
Find