Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Asylum Loot

Asylum is in desperate need of a loot buff. It is probably the most ignored event next to survive, which will be even less with the new changes that brass made to it.
It's bad when you get maybe 15 crates in a normal run and even worse when you get maybe 6 extra crates WITH rune of looting.
Here are screenshots of 2 runs that I've done in the last 2 days, one with a rune of looting, and one without.

Loot without rune of looting:
Loot with rune of looting:

There is literally a 6 crate difference. 17 to 23. This event is arguably harder than grims (at least in grim's current bugged state), takes around the same time in a normal run if you have competent people, and gets maybe a 3rd of the loot that grims does. Hell, you can get about the same amount of loot from a single castle run in lobby.

I want to do more events than just Grims and IoD, please for the love of god buff the loot from here.

PS: also do something about the chest, really annoying getting a single unlikely almost everytime
Find

+1
Make
Asylum
Great
Again
Find

+1, just did this with alex a few minutes ago and literally got 9 misery crates and 3 frostburns. I should probably include that was -with- a rune of looting.
Find

Theres been alot of scaling with cases with the greatest examples being the giveaway cases amounts nowadays compared to its prior, and asylum hasnt caught up so I agree. Plus its super hard to get a group even though I enjoy it alot.
Find

How FRG balances events:
1. event has worse loot than every other event
2. Buff it so it's better than every other event.
3. Every other event is now shit so buff them
4. rinse and repeat.

(06-07-2019, 08:56 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  How FRG balances events:
4. rinse and repeat.

literally survive and asylum just need to be balanced with grims and IoD's current loot and it'll be perfectly fine.
Of course, IoD needs to have a tad better loot than the other events because its actually semi-difficult and takes longer.
All that needs to be done is balance asylum so its on par with grims loot.
I can't really say the same for survive because of the kind of event it is but thats all we need for asylum
Find

(06-07-2019, 08:56 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  How FRG balances events:
4. rinse and repeat.
Find

just nerf iod loot and grims loot so it's around asylum
no more buffing
:OOOOOOOOO
Find

Dread is correct though. Loot creep is a real thing, and actually is quite an issue. It's an easy boost to an event here n there, but the buffing really never ends, and that's more my fault than anything though. But It's harder than you think to make something 'on par' with something else to that extent as things are just generally different, people value their time vs effort differently.

I kinda want to scrap the current event loot system and change it up somehow to make it more unified/universal.

(06-08-2019, 06:20 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Dread is correct though. Loot creep is a real thing, and actually is quite an issue. It's an easy boost to an event here n there, but the buffing really never ends, and that's more my fault than anything though. But It's harder than you think to make something 'on par' with something else to that extent as things are just generally different, people value their time vs effort differently.

I kinda want to scrap the current event loot system and change it up somehow to make it more unified/universal.

I honestly think that the loot difference between grims and IoD right now is just right.
Grims is an old and fairly easy event now that takes about 30-40 minutes if you have a decent group and IoD is new and still fairly difficult, as people still very commonly fail it, and it takes about 50 minutes to a hour, maybe more.
Grims gives maybe 40-50 crates a run (just an estimate, not exactly sure), and IoD gives about 1.5/2 times that amount. It feels pretty fairly balanced.

I do see that it would be more difficult to balance Asylum to those events because of how different their loot systems are. Grims/IoD are pretty similar in how they drop loot. There's a few chests (though the chests, other than the final chest/secret chest, play a lesser part in IoD), 3 bosses in IoD that drop loot (4 in grims), and both have a final chest to loot from. Only difference is that IoD has orb drops from mobs/bosses, not straight loot.

Asylum, however, is based mainly around loot orbs. The only loot that you receive in the event that isn't from loot orb is the chest that usually gives you a single unlikely weapon, and the loot from Horus. Besides that, you're expected to get your loot from loot orbs. The only problem with that is that those orbs are fairly uncommon, considering how heavily a player relies on them for loot, and that when one does drop, it's typically either a crappy gun, a t round, a tiny amount of coins, or maybe if you're lucky, 1-2 crates/jack-o-lanterns.

I'd suggest things between:
Decreasing the rarity of loot orbs
Increasing the crate amounts from orbs (maybe drops of like 4-5)
Increasing Horus' loot
and please, make the single chest in that event not almost always give an unlikely weapon.

Since the grims buff, people have been more than happy to go and do grims. Only reason nobody wants to do survive/asylum nowadays is because of the god-awful loot it gives. If asylum's loot were increased just enough so that a typical run ends you with 40-50 crates like grims (maybe even a little less honestly because it typically takes a little less time than grims), I think people would be more than happy to do asylum again.

I would be interested to see what you would have in mind for a more universal/unified loot system though.
Find