Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Sharked

(11-10-2018, 05:30 AM)edit1o Wrote:  
(11-10-2018, 04:13 AM)Nivendo Wrote:  Ultimate recons went for 20k not but a couple of months back before 50/50 and events slapped millions of coins into the economy and into the hands of a few select people.

But enough about that.
I literally sold a rusty key for 100k and no one batted an eyelash.

Excel bought a rune at a legitimately plausible price and everyone loses their mind.

Granted, I wasn't there, but it's not really a scam. That's just my take on the situation.

I mean I'm the one that bought it for 100k and I knew I was overpaying a ton for it lmao

Literally this lmao. That's such a poor comparison I was there and edit was FULLY aware that it was not worth it at all and that he was giving himself a good deal. Thats not comparable to prominent and decently respected members of the community giving a newbie poor advice, causing him to get ripped off.

(11-10-2018, 06:35 AM)Dreadark Wrote:  That's such a poor comparison

It's not intended to be a comparison, it's intended to be an example. You're taking a portion of my opinion and singling it out. I know the situation, and I don't intend to defend Excel's character or argue that it wasn't fucked up based on the accounts that I literally heard from Ban and the rest of my friends attempting to justify themselves. I can listen through bullshit and know when people are twisting words to attempt to justify themselves. I just want to say that prices are based on opinion and spur-of-the-moment emotions, and I'm trying to select my words well enough to get you to see that the 20k priceline is justifiable in an economy that is entirely based on opinion because I really don't want to see a long-time member of the community get blasted, trade-banned, shunned and slapped in the face by people he enjoys playing games with over 20 thousand digital coins and a rune with a red glow around it.
Find

(11-10-2018, 06:52 AM)Nivendo Wrote:  
(11-10-2018, 06:35 AM)Dreadark Wrote:  That's such a poor comparison

It's not intended to be a comparison, it's intended to be an example. You're taking a portion of my opinion and singling it out. I know the situation, and I don't intend to defend Excel's character or argue that it wasn't fucked up based on the accounts that I literally heard from Ban and the rest of my friends attempting to justify themselves. I can listen through bullshit and know when people are twisting words to attempt to justify themselves. I just want to say that prices are based on opinion and spur-of-the-moment emotions, and I'm trying to select my words well enough to get you to see that the 20k priceline is justifiable in an economy that is entirely based on opinion because I really don't want to see a long-time member of the community get blasted, trade-banned, shunned and slapped in the face by people he enjoys playing games with over 20 thousand digital coins and a rune with a red glow around it.

That's fair, and I do agree that 20k priceline could be seen as not the worst scam in the world, but i think the thing which is more distasteful is how (even if unintentionally or as a joke) people who would've likely (in fact almost definitely) known the price for the rune to be more than what they said caused the man to get scammed. I find it hard to believe they didn't at least have a feeling of what might happen because of what they told him. You're right I shouldn't have been so hostile in my previous post and I shouldn't have cherry picked some of what you said, and I do understand your point of view I just don't think we can base this report off of monetary value alone, and I do believe this would require some sort of punishment. Anyways thats my last post on this thread.
Find

Last 2 that i sold was for 1 godlike and 20-30k, just saying.
prices might changes due it being to player base economy but i don't think it would go down 40k.

No i didn't read any of the comments before posting mine.
Find

(11-10-2018, 08:09 AM)MicroBoss Wrote:  Last 2 that i sold was for 1 godlike and 20-30k this ya this is a bit of a shard.

No i didn't read any of the comments before posting mine.

Did you even read your comment?
Find

I'll update and say I looked through Excels trade logs, and he bought other runes of ult recon for 40-60k from several people not long before this(2 of which inside his own inner-group of friends). The most recent trade where one sold for the 20k range was back in march. 8 months ago.

I don't think it's fair to say 20k is a reasonable price when he buys it from his own inner-group for 2-3x more than 20k(also has bought from others for 40k+). But yea, at this point it's not even about the 20k, it's about the fact that a Member did this. An example will be made from this, to show this behavior is not tolerated for members or higher.

Ya'll really don't know how to act do you lmao

(11-10-2018, 10:38 PM)Kcat Wrote:  Ya'll really don't know how to act do you lmao

good contribution

In the real world, sharks are everywhere. I think it is a good lesson to be scammed in a game so you don't make the same mistake again. I think the ignorance of the seller is no reason to punish those seeking opportunity.

(11-11-2018, 02:13 AM)Spookified Wrote:  In the real world, sharks are everywhere. I think it is a good lesson to be scammed in a game so you don't make the same mistake again.
A game server shouldn't be about life lessons.. People who are regulars in the community should be trusted enough to not rip off new players(or anyone for that matter). Ripping off a new player not only can drive a potential great contribution to the server, away from the server, never to return, but it can also show other people in the community that it's a thing you can get away with, and further promotes greedy mindsets that make everything much more toxic.

This has been a problem for awhile now, and it extends much deeper than this.

Also did everyone somehow forget about this rule:

This falls under it because even WITHOUT the jokes from the others that convinced him he was getting a fair price, excel still took advantage of his ignorance.

I honestly don't see how any of you can actually be okay with this. Tsk tsk.