Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly.

I recommend we remove the level cap on lobby. I know I advocated this a while back when some friends of mine had issues gaining access to lobby, and I was met with arguments like "This'll just open it up to trolls" and things similar to that. Luckily, however, the level cap was reduced to 5, and this was prior to the changes we made to make leveling easier.
Since then, the lobby hasn't been changed in any significant way other than be more inviting to lower levels. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a level 1 join lobby, get kicked, and then I never see them again. As a result, I recommend we change the lobby to be universally accessible to all players and make the player cap slightly higher, or at the very least, lower the level requirement to level 2 or 3, and make the lobby redirect players to the TTT server after a short delay and a few messages that display on their screen.

Excel's idea. Good deal.

I have been saying this since I first came back, that I believe a level cap on the lobby hurts new players more than it protects the server from people who would abuse it.
The best argument I've heard for it was protecting the servers content, files, etc from people who would be trying to steal code but I understand little to nothing about that.

The way I have always seen it is that the lobby could be the "main attraction" to FRG.
The way I've always envisioned it was moving away from TTT and going our own way in terms of a server.
We DONT have to be just a TTT server, FRG offers some amazing things that so many people would enjoy.
Things like events, fishing, and realms show off what a GMOD server really can be like, and I'd want to show that to as many people as possible
Find

I have had newbies add me while I'm in lobby only for them to ask how to level to join lobby.

If the lobby level cap isnt removed atleast give them a push to ttt telling them to level first.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug

Keep the level cap we all had to earn, I don't want 50 million people joining the lobby and just doing nothing but cause trouble
Minehuis: Pancakes
Rangerdanger0: Waffles
Rangerdanger0: lol rekt

I'd personally like it if we removed level gating on all of the lobby content. This would make everything a lot more accessible to new players and would encourage people to actually stay on server instead of joining, seeing the level system, and then leaving. It's incredibly disheartening right now to join the lobby for the first time and run around and explore only to find that nearly everything that's fun in the lobby is gated off behind additional level requirements.

I say make it to level 2-3 to get to lobby but keep all other level caps the same (ie, worm queen)
Find

The level requirement should stay imo. Lowering it to level 4 would be fine. However, I do agree that if someone tries to join the lobby they should get a message or something letting them know that they are required to get to level 5 on our TTT server to join the lobby server. Then have a nice little menu that has a button to join our TTT server or something.
Find

(09-29-2018, 03:26 PM)Black Parade Wrote:  I say make it to level 2-3 to get to lobby but keep all other level caps the same (ie, worm queen)

Most trolls are either banned or leave at level 1, so lowering it to level 2 or 3 is a good idea. I don't like the idea of many players on the lobby, but less players being turned away is is a better idea to me. Of course, there were several ideas of warnings, that's good too.

The level cap definitely needs to be there. The lobby is a nice place for players of the server to relax. We don't need a bunch of trolls coming in and doing what they do. Just redirect them to ttt or something
Level 5 takes like an hour or two to get to, it's fine as is

(09-29-2018, 03:23 PM)Lord of Darkness Wrote:  I'd personally like it if we removed level gating on all of the lobby content. This would make everything a lot more accessible to new players and would encourage people to actually stay on server instead of joining, seeing the level system, and then leaving. It's incredibly disheartening right now to join the lobby for the first time and run around and explore only to find that nearly everything that's fun in the lobby is gated off behind additional level requirements.

As far as I know, the only thing that's gated is worm queen? Maybe grims? I don't recall much being level gated except for the lobby itself, but I understand your sentiment.
Find