Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Nerf] Oracle Shield and Firerate[Implemented]

1. It would be great to add some color to the shield so it would be easier to see. Gfk suggested light blue tent to the shield since it's a bubble shield. I agree with this because it is very annoying to have penises put the damn shield in front of you and it's not overt that the shield is there.

2. Remove the damage from the shield. The first two weeks after its release is when I saw the shield being used properly. Nowadays, thanks to the Flashback Crate, it is mainly used as karma-free rdm/Tbait/droppinginfrontofpeopleforfun. Consistently I've seen and been affected by the penises just dropping it for no reason. Yes, you can kos them if they're using for malicious reasons. But in the end, it's hurting your karma and not theirs. Yes, this will nerf the once in a blue moon use where the T doesn't take 20 damage over 5 seconds. However, there are more Oracles being added to the game. This will be an issue later on.

3. Putting a cap on the fire rate. When it fires faster than a mini-uzi, I start to question life. Jokes aside, it is kinda ridicules that it can go through its entire clip in one second. I just want something that doesn't allow going through a clip in a second.

Broke it up cause not everyone will agree. "1 is reasonable, 2 and 3 is complete shit" ~Oracle owners.

Any constructive thoughts?

+1 for color to shield, really hard to see half the time.
Find

-1 on firerate I don't want to disappoint burb
Find

The firerate problem really is due to people using macros or "binding it to scroll wheel", but, yeah, I've had people empty 15 bullets in less than a second, and that is some serious DPS.

I also agree with removing the radiation, the shield is for utility, and people just use it to troll. They're not supposed to, but they do. It happens. A lot.

Very stupid for people to use anything other than spam clicking to shoot faster. Anything else is unethical.
Find

The radiation is to prevent people from just rushing right through the shield the second its deployed. It could be put on a timer i guess so after x amount of seconds it doesnt apply radiation anymore.

As for the firerate, i dont think its any faster than an sg if you hit it perfectly everytime, keep in mind its a gun you have to constantly press m1 for. If people are using auto clickers thats completely against the rules and they can be severely punished for it(also im pretty sure binding attack to mousewheel doesnt really work or its super buggy, ive tried it before to see if it actually works and it doesnt)

(09-12-2018, 09:43 AM)tobiasxz-usagi Wrote:  The radiation is to prevent people from just rushing right through the shield the second its deployed. It could be put on a timer i guess so after x amount of seconds it doesnt apply radiation anymore.

As for the firerate, i dont think its any faster than an sg if you hit it perfectly everytime, keep in mind its a gun you have to constantly press m1 for. If people are using auto clickers thats completely against the rules and they can be severely punished for it(also im pretty sure binding attack to mousewheel doesnt really work or its super buggy, ive tried it before to see if it actually works and it doesnt)

Lets be honest here, is 20 damage DOT really going to deter folks from rushing through the shield and kill the Oracle bastard? No, of course not. Also, you get people with the radiation within the second they put it down. I get that you want to keep it for the once a month moment where the radiation is useful. But, it is mainly used to troll and do karmafree damage. Unless we all hold hands, sing Kumbaya, and agree not to use it for trolling. I doubt the damage will ever be realistically used for it's intended purpose.

As for the fire rate, they've successfully done it with the mouse wheel and it's as fast as my mini-uzi. Obviously, if its fast fire rate it would be used for close quarters. So accuracy wouldn't mean anything at that point.
Find

I don't really see an issue with people just rushing through the shield as soon as it is deployed anymore, like it still gives you a few seconds to prepare. I feel like it would be better to keep its niche at longer range fights(it is a DMR type weapon after all), where the shield is actually much more useful. Having it deal damage upon walking through definitely gives trolls a platform, especially if it doesn't take karma, like imagine someone placing it in a doorway and what not. A non-damage type solution would be best if it absolutely must deter people from running through it. You could even have a light 'force' push players out of the shield when coming in to contact with it, that will help stop them from rushing through it too.

I can't really ban any in-game keybinding. That is perfectly allowed, but 3rd party auto-clickers/macros are most certainly not allowed. The firerate should definitely be capped to prevent people with said binds from gaining an in-human advantage.

It's also super easy to give it a tint, and I see no issue with that.
Find

How about anyone that goes through the shield deals reduced damage to the Oracle user? That way Tobais has his not going through the shield, fits with the theme of the gun, and doesn't do anything to innocents.

fuckin’ victor

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(09-12-2018, 10:35 AM)Brassx Wrote:  I don't really see an issue with people just rushing through the shield as soon as it is deployed anymore, like it still gives you a few seconds to prepare. I feel like it would be better to keep its niche at longer range fights(it is a DMR type weapon after all), where the shield is actually much more useful. Having it deal damage upon walking through definitely gives trolls a platform, especially if it doesn't take karma, like imagine someone placing it in a doorway and what not. A non-damage type solution would be best if it absolutely must deter people from running through it. You could even have a light 'force' push players out of the shield when coming in to contact with it, that will help stop them from rushing through it too.

the accuracy for it isn't good enough to confidently take a long-range fight, especially with it lacking the ability to ADS

although i like the damage aspect of the shield, now that there's flashbacks ( [Image: jaBGrwi.png] ), all these people can have it and it probably cant be trusted that they can just play the fuckin' game how it's meant to be played and just haaaaave to troll with it 24/7 & bind shit to make it not even fun anymore
if the damage HAD to be taken off, i do like the force push effect, but i think in addition to that maybe it could have some nasty nasty nausea screen effect to make it difficult to aim (being that it is radiation), otherwise the shield's deployment would be just as beneficial to the enemy as the oracle shield user
i mean, if you're pushing a shield, you're probably using an automatic weapon or a shotgun, so something like that makes sense

- That Thrakos Noob