Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Show text instead of visuals for bags/endurance badge/challenge badge/etc

Basically, instead of looking through all the guns to see which is which, it'll list them like

Omnipotent Bizon of Phoenix
Flowndoomer M1911
Terranable AUG

Colored, of course. To take one out you just click the text of the name. I hate looking through a bag trying to find that "one" challenge gun and scrolling over so many unlikelys and stuff.
Find

This would be a nifty minimal ui setting, for entire inv/bank.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

(09-12-2018, 05:19 AM)Kheyre Wrote:  This would be a nifty minimal ui setting, for entire inv/bank.
That'd be fine, too. It'd make it much cleaner and more concise, but I always know what is where in my inventory usually. Just not so much my extra bags and belts...
Find

I approve of this +1
Find

This could work for backpacks, but for inv/bank no. It needs a slot-type format, not a list-structure, and the fact is, item names can be much larger than a simple item slot.

Wouldn't a better feature be a search bar that highlights what ever it finds that matches your query?

(09-12-2018, 10:39 AM)Brassx Wrote:  This could work for backpacks, but for inv/bank no. It needs a slot-type format, not a list-structure, and the fact is, item names can be much larger than a simple item slot.

Wouldn't a better feature be a search bar that highlights what ever it finds that matches your query?

Forerunner Search Engine would save me tons of time searching for a specific item.
Umpty Dumpty
Find

(09-12-2018, 10:48 AM)Bezerker Wrote:  
(09-12-2018, 10:39 AM)Brassx Wrote:  This could work for backpacks, but for inv/bank no. It needs a slot-type format, not a list-structure, and the fact is, item names can be much larger than a simple item slot.

Forerunner Search Engine would save me tons of time searching for a specific item.

you searching "ump" would overload the server

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

while we're at it can backpacks and such list whats in them in their description?
Find

(09-12-2018, 03:27 PM)tobiasxz-usagi Wrote:  while we're at it can backpacks and such list whats in them in their description?

I made a prototype of that. It's not really that good in practice. It makes the description feel awkward, and some storage devices are even bigger than 15 slots. There's no way to scrollbar the description, and it looks really just.. Awkward. It just doesn't feel good, and feels like an overwhelming amount of text on full Backpacks.

For instance:

Though with some adjustments, it's not that bad. I suppose I could re-enable it as an option:
Find

I mean, a search bar for inventory would be cool, but I only really care about this for my challenge badge/backpack (which I don't have yet)/etc. I'd rather be able to quickly and visually read the text rather than hover over guns or clumsily search for it. I assume it'd look clean and precise.
Find