Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rant

I completely understand this argument, but you have to see both sides. Most of these arguments comes from nostalgic players who want the game to hold the same charm it did years ago, but even if things stayed the same, it absolutely wouldn't. You can't keep a sufficient amount of people around and continue to grow with a couple of rare godlikes, especially when obtaining godlikes has been a huge reason for people sticking around. You're lying if you're saying you could stay interested in FRG for years upon years with the base weapons and with only a handful of godlikes in circulation. Either that, or your computer just can't run anything other than gmod.

(07-07-2018, 03:51 AM)Lehoe Wrote:  Now we have god-likes drops by the seconds. Today alone, like over 10 god-likes dropped. Why? since the Eco update. the "New" god-likes don't feel new, they feel washed up and most people already have them. God-likes used to actually be rare, and almost non existent. That's how it should've been all these years later in FRG.
I firmly believe a majority of players would not have stuck around if this were the case. Godlikes are a neat thing to have that completely change the experience of a player and could influence them to stay. As far as godlikes feeling fresh and rare, Extinct Godlikes were made to satisfy that need. Only the rich and prepared were able to create them. Yeah, there's over a dozen of them already, but who cares? They're still insanely special and rare. I can't even fathom how you'd find it "lackluster" when it provided the community with a major argument of this thread while also mass-deleting the amount of godlikes in circulation.

(07-07-2018, 03:51 AM)Lehoe Wrote:  I'm going to go back into NTG to bring back one thing i really liked about their drop system, With the Dragon Mac10, Smg, Glock.
Almost no one had one. Some took years to drop (Dragon SMG) It made a special weapon feel even more special. becaues it was actually rare.
I've never considered the commonality of the Thrakos, Tartarus, Railgun, Nexus, etc. to devalue rare godlikes such as the Onuris. A healthy balance of common-tier godlikes and rare-tier godlikes is necessary to sustain an interesting server (in my obviously professional opinion), and there are plenty of both that feel very special to both new and old players. Look at the Blackdeath, that's a super rare drop and if anyone had it, they'd feel special. The problem is, you're arguing you want rare guns to feel special, but it also seems like you want everyone to have the rare gun otherwise it doesn't count, which is why you're ignoring the rare guns that do exist or just regarding them as "unobtainable."

(07-07-2018, 03:51 AM)Lehoe Wrote:  Something feels wrong about running through the TTT server. and everyone have Only Legendary's and above, 50% of the community using a godlike of some sort. Whats the point of having ordinary, common and uncommon tiers if they aren't Common. Every since the tidal crate, every crate after only has Unlikely and above
Challenge scrolls and dailies have given purpose to lower tier items, as well as creating keys. It's hard to keep low tiers interesting while also having a million ways to get loot which would make them underwhelmingly common. Like you said earlier, people like guns that make them feel special. All that's really happening with this is the special tiers are being raised into legendary and primordial, honestly what's wrong with that? There's no difference if they're as common as Legendaries used to be back in the day, they're just under a different name. This is obviously being worked towards with the 16 unique primordials being entered into the economy soon* (Forerunner Tier 2.0 Packages), and that should balance things out to give older players the same feel of having normal guns that feel special, unless you're being dumb and care that much about the rarity name.

Overall, I think you're focusing too much on the nostalgia factor and looking at how things USED to be and looking at specific coin amounts/tier rarities when none of that really matters. We did have a coin problem for sure but the eco update is balancing things out as best as can (it's a slow process that depends on people continuing to mass open). Yeah, 5k used to be rich and now 100k isn't rich, but the prices of goods flexes to that so it balances out to be the same regardless.

By the way, Poison's 5m coin count doesn't count as real currency that's in the economy as long as he doesn't spend it. He's basically a coin sink.

(07-07-2018, 03:51 AM)Lehoe Wrote:  /rant

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

Messages In This Thread
Rant - Lehoe - 07-07-2018, 03:51 AM
RE: Rant - Fancy Typhlosion - 07-07-2018, 03:55 AM
RE: Rant - Dreadark - 07-07-2018, 04:00 AM
RE: Rant - Terran - 07-07-2018, 04:08 AM
RE: Rant - Derp-A-Doodle-Doo - 07-07-2018, 04:08 AM
RE: Rant - Dumpweed - 07-07-2018, 04:59 AM
RE: Rant - Unpoke - 07-07-2018, 05:44 AM
RE: Rant - wind - 07-07-2018, 09:32 AM