Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Aquarius suggestion

Given all the other traits, I feel that the aquarius should be given just a little more of a kick to make it more meaningful.

Currently, when using it you're given the ability to breathe an extra 10 seconds underwater, and you spawn a blue cube of water ontop of you that gives you a swimming animation.
And to me, that's a bit underwhelming.

When I use it, it feels like the box of water ability doesnt really do anything for you. Yeah you get a swimming animation, but it's not really much of a difference. (when i see a2 use it, it's more like it's easier to find and kill him due to the large block of dark-blue water sticking around)

So my suggestion is to either:

1) Give the user a passive buff, such as slowly regain health up to half max HP while under water (so that whenever you use the alt+e, you can get something out of using it past swimming) and it gives more of a reason to camp water, or:

2) Make it so that when using alt+e, you can see perfectly clear through water. I'm not sure if you're able to do this, and if not perhaps making it so the cube of water you're in has a lot of fog in it and you dont see fog from water. That would support the idea that you can survive in water, and give you more reason to change your playing style, while also making it not as bad to be a sore thumb on land. (This idea is my favorite, because i love the idea of having the trait give you a reason to change your playing style)

(the point of these suggestions is to give you more of an advantage to hiding in water. currently an extra 10 seconds of breath doesnt really stop people from jumping in an killing you, and the 25 seconds of vulnerability doesnt seem to be the best)
When a dragon round begins.

Find

It also puts out fire, and should be giving you a 10% mobility buff when land swimming.
Find

Yeah, I forgot to mention the fire extinguishing part.

And I've never noticed the mobility buff before.

edit: Just tested, apparently i do get the speed boost, just never noticed it.
It's helpful, but I'll be honest, it doesnt feel like it's something worth noting. I know I'm being picky, but if you get extra speed while in the cube, then could you allow for passive boosted mobility while in water generally?

Find

How about it removes all DoTs?
Find

Another idea for aquarius:

Given it's air element but seems to be tuned to water, you could make it so that during the 25 seconds, you only receive your stat buffs if you've touched water.
(Making it like carrying the water with you, if you use it in water and leave/ use it and touch water then leave, you get the block of water, extra mobility, and anything else you might want to add)

This would specialize it a bit, and give aquarius more reasons to live around water.
(I'm building suggestions around water, because i find the whole idea of changing playstyle for a reward to be really cool. With the stat buffs, it would also then not be tuned just towards weapons that want to be distanced, and allow for thrakos/ other extincts to have an advantage without changing the entire trait)

Find