Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: What do you think
Transfer inventory [no risk of players leaving] [new players at disadvantage]
A total restart [risk of old players leaving] [New content/economy/fair start for all]
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kurious About S&box FRG

There are two ways my mind will think about this, and both have their ups and downs, but personally, I think that we should reset inventories if we were to move to S&box.

Why? Well, of course, the even playing fields will welcome new players, and those who are like me, rather unlucky once you consider someone who drops everything... *Cough* ALEX *Cough* But I think that some of the older players would want a chance to drop them all once more. The rather one-sided amount of wealth in FRG is something that turns many people off, it can sometimes make me stop playing as well. I'd like to see everyone climb the ladder once more, and see how everything would unfold. I think it would bring a lot more players around, and a ton more content to fiddle with. I feel like it would give me another chance at wealth as well, and I would love to see it. The other point of view, however, does make a fair argument.

Transfer inventories! Make it easy on everyone, keep wealth the same, yadda-yadda-yadda. The richer people, of course, would be in support of this, for the most part, and I can see why. The hard earned years of building and stacking up these incredible inventories, to lose them all in a reset, and make you the same as the next guy seems like hell! The progress many people have made would be dangerous if we were to remove it. We would lose some people due to the fact that they don't want to invest another few years of their life here, they'd rather just relax, and enjoy their thrones. I can respect it though, those who have the wealth have earned it.

The thing is, it's all or nothing with these choices. You can't keep only some weapons, and outlaw others, there isn't a middle-ground. That's the decision that would have to be made, keep all, or throw out all. But what we also have to think about is the player base that would be thrown into this mix as well. We wouldn't see updates on our beloved Gmod TTT whilst the FRG2 on S&box would be in development. The server wouldn't be attracting too many people without updates as well. What more would there be? Updates are a lot of what keeps us going, some of us stock up for new crates, and prepare for the new influx of wealth, and inflation. Without updates, we'd lose some of our player base, and that makes me think about how it would be if we had both these server running at the same time. It wouldn't work. It would cause a divide in the community, two different games, with different economies, and guns, it wouldn't go well. So if we were to move games, it would change a lot, we would gain many people (if the game were to do well, and we don't know when it will release) and lose a lot as well.

My solution would be to transfer a few things over, and by that, I don't necessarily mean items, I mean like badges and titles. Badges and titles are things that can be really earned, those painstaking months of working towards a single title only to have you restart is something I find quite odd. If we were to have the same weapons, I think that if you have earned a title, you should be able to keep it. Example: Fancy recently achieved the title rifle master, 5000 kills with a rifle, to wipe the slate clean would be agony. Titles that are from !ach are the only ones that you should be able to keep, and since they aren't marketable/tradeable, what's the harm in keeping them? The !time command is something I'd like to see kept as well. I would like to see who is a true FRG veteran, and I peer at it from time to time.

Overall, I don't find this viable at all. We'd have to sacrifice one thing to make another. Who knows if TTT would even be a base game mode in S&box? If it were to all go as planned, we wouldn't be able to keep both servers up, there's too much to handle. So if we had to choose one, we are going to be at a loss in the end. Time is very valuable, and I think that FRG should just stay at Gmod for the time being, and not think too much about the sequel to it until we have a good release date set for it. However, this is all hypothetical, I would love to see everything happen like TJ would, it would be quite interesting.
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kurious About S&ndbox FRG - Kheyre - 06-10-2018, 06:02 AM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - TJ1524 - 06-10-2018, 08:23 AM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - Chieftain Borgu (Reaver B.) - 06-10-2018, 08:39 AM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - Brassx - 06-10-2018, 10:29 AM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - Nytemart - 06-10-2018, 12:34 PM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - Brassx - 06-10-2018, 12:55 PM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - Nytemart - 06-10-2018, 02:32 PM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - Eclipse - 06-10-2018, 05:03 PM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - Skully_Fluff - 06-10-2018, 05:06 PM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - tobiasxz - 06-10-2018, 05:43 PM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - Kheyre - 06-10-2018, 09:13 PM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - Dreadark - 06-11-2018, 12:40 AM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - Excel - 06-11-2018, 12:43 AM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - Kuro - 06-11-2018, 09:52 AM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - Brassx - 06-11-2018, 08:58 PM