Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Enhanceable weapons have more potential

Enhanceable weapons are pretty cool and all but, you can do more stuff with them.
The only thing that makes them different is the customization with stats...only.
Maybe some godlikes (and only godlikes) do something special when fully leveled, but that is pretty much it.

What would be cool if instead of basic stat uprades, you could have unique perks and special traits for leveling up the gun.
This idea is like the perk system in Destiny 1 Image

for example, a cannibalistic has 10 levels, so 10 perks. as you level up the perks get better, and also the perks are random for each weapon(you could also add choice, so maybe like lv4 there are 2 perks in a column).

You could also make it so some tiers have special perks, maybe like cannibalistic weapons can get a perk where it has a chance to consume hp on a kill.
Even this can apply to godlikes (of course). In Destiny 1 you used glimmer to upgrade to the selected perk, maybe coins could have another use?

I made up some example perks for this to get a idea of what it could be like

Lightweight  Bullets
+10% reload speed and clip, but -5% damage

Light Frame

+10% Mobility, but -10% accuracy

Hollow Points
+5% more damage And accuracy in exchange of -5% clip

FMJ
Bullets will penetrate through targets

Filled to the brim
+2 pellets in each shot, -1 clip
*shotguns only

Double Zoom option
Option to zoom in once or twice
*upgrade accessible only on scoped weapons

Suppressor
Your gun is suppressed, +10% accuracy, -5% Damage

Dragon Breath Rounds
your gun shoots a short flame while shooting and will burn the player for X seconds

Large bullets
+15% more damage, but - 5% mobility and -10% clip

Ricochet
Has a chance for bullets to bounce off once

8x scope
Increase zoom
*upgrade accessible only on scoped weapons

LRN
10% more damage against headshots

quickdraw
40% deploy speed, and 5% reload speed
Find

Riochet. Trying to devalue my first prayer eh?
Find

Jerk Butt Wrote:Riochet. Trying to devalue my first prayer eh?

first prayer devalues itself tbh
Find

I want to hit some nice collats.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

POWER
CREEP

(05-10-2018, 11:56 PM)Alex Summers Wrote:  
Jerk Butt Wrote:Riochet. Trying to devalue my first prayer eh?

first prayer devalues itself tbh

you right
Find

(05-11-2018, 12:51 AM)Terran Wrote:  POWER
CREEP

I mean, perks don't have to be insane, and in reality, none of those are that op. your progress for enhanceables are more rewarding than just a 4% stat upgrade, there are some cool combinations of perks you can make and new ways to explore the best perk setup for a weapon.
Find

This is cool but I think getting 10 of these *perks* plus the stat upgrade is kinda busted, maybe you get a perk every 5 levels on a gun, so a level 10 gun would get 2 perks, one at level 5 and one at level 10.
Find

(05-11-2018, 02:46 PM)hockeyfn Wrote:  This is cool but I think getting 10 of these *perks* plus the stat upgrade is kinda busted, maybe you get a perk every 5 levels on a gun, so a level 10 gun would get 2 perks, one at level 5 and one at level 10.

maybe like a perk every 2 levels, i think only 2 perks for a gun is too low. this can be different for a lot of other enhanceables, and godlikes could have a unique amount of perks
Find