Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Enchanted Tomes

This thread might change after the economy update comes out, but for now...

I was thinking about cool ways to get even more unique godlikes and primordials and I came up with this. There would be a new NPC in the lobby to the right of Arvid named Smith, The Mystical Forge Operator. After you have collected 3 like tomes, he would enchant certain godlikes and prims that would give the weapon a new trait. These enchanted tomes could have godlike and primordial rarities and they can be dropped from events. The godlike tomes could be unique to that event while the primordial tonms could span the drop tables of all events. After a tome is added to a gun the suffix will turn from whatever it is to the name of the tome. THESE TOMES DO NOT STACK ON THE SAME WEAPON. These Tomes only add a trait if the weapon has 2 or less traits. A few tomes could be:

Enchanted Tome of Runic Might
Godlike/Grims
Works on all assault rifle or HUGE Godlikes/Prims
1 in 16-20 for rifles and 1 in 25-30 for HUGEs to summon an echo of Morgoth's Sword that attacks the target for 5 damage, a bleed for 3 seconds, and a slow of 20% for 5 seconds.

Enchanted Tome of Acidic Floods
Godlike/WQ
Works on all Semi-Auto Godlikes/Prims(not oracle/m1)
1 in 12-16 chance to drop 6-8 Acid Orbs near the target that when stepped on deal 5 damage and cause Corrosion.(Slightly more transparent worm queen balls about 8 or so feet away from the target)

Enchanted Tome of Undead Absorbtion
Godlike/Survive
Works on all Godlikes/Prims
1 in 12-16 chance to heal for 10% of damage done.

Enchanted Tome of the Earthmelder
Godlike/Asylum
Works on all Godlike/Prim Secondaries
1 in 12-16 chance when you take damage to prompt you to pull a boulder out of the ground in front of you that blocks bullets and players and does a small knockback to anyone that touches it for 2-4 seconds.

Enchanted Tome of Crippling Blindness
Godlike/Bloodwynd
Works on all Semi-auto Godlikes and Prims(not oracle/m1)
1 in 20-25 to perform vision sap on the target(bloodwynd negative screen and look down)(gives the gun the particle effect of the sapping ability on proc)

Enchanted Tome of Glacial Imprisonment
Godlike/Castle
Works on all Rifle/HUGEs
1 in 16-20 for Rifles and 1 in 30-35 for HUGEs to trap the target in a ring of ice shards.(glacias ability)

Enchanted Tome of the Early Bird
Prim
Works on all Prims and up
You start the round with 2 full clips pf this weapon's ammo in your reserve.

Enchanted Tome of Earsplitting
Prim
Adds a 1 in 6-8 chance muffle.

Enchanted Tome of Mind Breaking
Prim
Adds a 1 in 4-6 chance on rightful headshot kill to refill your clip.

Enchanted Tome of Lacerating
Prim
Adds a 4-6 second bleed to the weapon

Enchanted Tome of Interdimensional Storage
Prim
Holds Tomes like a Backpack.
Find

Its...All interesting, but the problem is power creep. Guns are already pretty brokenly overpowered as they are, there's very little strategy rather than "Spray people down".
I'd say it'd work just fine if they could only be applied to a weapon that isn't godlike or higher AND doesn't have any traits/suffixes?
Find

(05-04-2018, 10:52 AM)Terran Wrote:  Its...All interesting, but the problem is power creep. Guns are already pretty brokenly overpowered as they are, there's very little strategy rather than "Spray people down".
I'd say it'd work just fine if they could only be applied to a weapon that isn't godlike or higher AND doesn't have any traits/suffixes?

You do realize that everything isn't power creep right. I like you terran but you can't just shut down any new suggestion and say its power creep. The goal of ttt isn't to construct a base that is going to counter the persons attack. It is simply to murder not construct some elaborate plan to kill one person.

I like most’ve the ideas here. They don’t seem too powerful to me.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(05-04-2018, 10:26 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  I like most’ve the ideas here. They don’t seem too powerful to me.

I like the uniqueness and control behind it.
High chances keeps a sort of balance, and would really just make some things better.
Personally dont like how it can only be applied to stuff with 2 or less traits since some traits (extra damage to m1911) are just useless.

But otherwise, i'd enjoy seeing something of the sort.
When a dragon round begins.

Find

(05-04-2018, 10:10 PM)Poison Wrote:  
(05-04-2018, 10:52 AM)Terran Wrote:  Its...All interesting, but the problem is power creep. Guns are already pretty brokenly overpowered as they are, there's very little strategy rather than "Spray people down".

You do realize that everything isn't power creep right. I like you terran but you can't just shut down any new suggestion and say its power creep. The goal of ttt isn't to construct a base that is going to counter the persons attack. It is simply to murder not construct some elaborate plan to kill one person.

Actually, lad, the power creep is very real. There are many guns already on the server that are powerful to the level of ridiculousness (of which I have one), and the thought of making them even stronger is a humorous proposition. Let's take my Heroic Galil with Bleed, or just a standard Thrakos. Now you suddenly add  a bonus power to that, and it becomes even stronger? I already find that Heroic Galil I have to be stupidly strong, to the point I only break it out when I basically want to turn on ragehax mode and just kill everybody.

Another issue is that, once again, a suggestion like this just adds more value to everything primordial or higher. What happened to legendary guns? People only use a very, very few select amount of them, and they're not considered good. Everything is "super op prims" or godlikes, of which are a dime-a-dozen. That's power creep. Of course, it was eventual, but look at the recent Galactic fiasco; - A tier with Lightweight's mobility, Heroic damage/-and the only negative stat being a bit of stability? Power creep. If you also noticed, I didn't exactly "Disagree" with Spiderpig, because I think the suggestions are fine in and of themselves, but their application seems terrible. Maybe we could focus on making lower-tiered guns more interesting to players with interesting utilization's? There have already been multiple good suggestions that people don't like because "they're not high tier enough". Evidently, a gun can't be cool or interesting unless its Primordial or higher.

Now, I'm sure you'll respond to this a la keyboard warrior way, slamming your fist down "GRUG NO LIKE, GRUG SMAAASH", but realize TTT at its core concept is a game where you're supposed to out-wit and out-play, not simply out-power. Considering what TTT was based off of and what it is, anyways. FRG is different; - its a different VEIN of TTT, its not normal TTT. That's a fine thing, too, I have no SERIOUS complaints. (If I did, I wouldn't have played a thousand or more hours in it. Its good as it is, I would hate to, say, see it remove the inventory system), but power creep is along the lines of "Shit just keeps getting better and better and the older shit is no longer interesting".

Ever played an MMO where they have, say, the SUPER COOL +4 STAM +4 STR warrior belt? Now, suddenly 6 years later its a +625 STAM +500 STR +250 AGI 80% chance to double a critical and perform a whirlwind. That's power creep. Of course, that's an EXTREME over-the-line suggestion, AND on regards to this topic, these tomes are NOWHERE near that; - They're all pretty decent little perks if anything, but once again, all these would do is make the bullshit primordials that everybody already USES even MORE used. This is the important part. If you'd notice, I didn't exactly disagree (As I had mentioned before), and evidently Spiderpig planned for them to overwrite a suffix if used on a gun with one, so that's GOOD; our interests already lay together on that.

Feel free to respond however you'd like.

Also, P.S: Rarity of an object is NO excuse for making it ridiculously strong. Nothing should be brokenly powerful because its "Rare". Someone, someones, and many-ones will obtain it eventually, and that's not fun. For ALL of my complaints, though, Brass' vision and execution of FRG still remains great. I've had complaints ALL throughout it, but I've loved playing it and no matter what happened, I'm pretty sure I'd still love playing it. The server and community are great, and I'm not going to go into someone's cool suggestion thread and shit on them (because that's just rude and dumb and I've done it before, hoy hoy hoy), but if my opinion lies that it might not be the greatest, then I'm going to mention that.

Now, I actually feel some of you are probably a bit slow and reading is 2 hrd if nt txt'd, so to sum up the two points that matter:

-Strong guns already become stronger.
-Lowered-tier guns become even more forgotten, the power creep just replaces the old with the new. New stuff shouldn't just be "BETTER". Of course, that has limits.

The suggestion is good, but those two really break it for me. There's more in the actual post, btw.

i honestly thought for a second this was my 11th grade English class, not a gaming server.

thanks terran.
Find

(05-05-2018, 02:23 AM)Terran Wrote:  

Actually, lad, the power creep is very real. There are many guns already on the server that are powerful to the level of ridiculousness (of which I have one), and the thought of making them even stronger is a humorous proposition.

TBH TERRAN THE ONLY POWER CREEP ON THE SERVER IS MAKING ME CHANGE EVERY FOOD I HAVE TO EAT EVERY 5 SECONDS
Find

Bring back low tiered guns usability!
My favorite gun to use is Legendary and I didn't use any godlikes until the cystal synergizer
vive la revolution #itdoesn'thavetoberareorstrongtobecool

p.s axistence is a great tier and I bet if it was primordial, people would use it more tbh.
(Again, I like the ideas Spiderpig, and it seems pretty nifty.)
Find

(05-05-2018, 02:23 AM)Terran Wrote:  

Actually, lad, the power creep is very real. There are many guns already on the server that are powerful to the level of ridiculousness (of which I have one), and the thought of making them even stronger is a humorous proposition. Let's take my Heroic Galil with Bleed, or just a standard Thrakos. Now you suddenly add  a bonus power to that, and it becomes even stronger? I already find that Heroic Galil I have to be stupidly strong, to the point I only break it out when I basically want to turn on ragehax mode and just kill everybody.

Another issue is that, once again, a suggestion like this just adds more value to everything primordial or higher. What happened to legendary guns? People only use a very, very few select amount of them, and they're not considered good. Everything is "super op prims" or godlikes, of which are a dime-a-dozen. That's power creep. Of course, it was eventual, but look at the recent Galactic fiasco; - A tier with Lightweight's mobility, Heroic damage/firerate and the only negative stat being a bit of stability? Power creep. If you also noticed, I didn't exactly "Disagree" with spiderpig, because I think the suggestions are fine in and of themselves, but their application seems terrible. Maybe we could focus on making lower-tiered guns more interesting to players with interesting utilization's? There have already been multiple good suggestions that people don't like because "they're not high tier enough". Evidently, a gun can't be cool or interesting unless its Primordial or higher.

Now, I'm sure you'll respond to this a la keyboard warrior way, slamming your fist down "GRUG NO LIKE, GRUG SMAAASH", but realize TTT at its core concept is a game where you're supposed to out-wit and out-play, not simply out-power. Considering what TTT was based off of and what it is, anyways. FRG is different; - its a different VEIN of TTT, its not normal TTT. That's a fine thing, too, I have no complaints. (If I did, I wouldn't have played a thousand or more hours in it. Its good as it is, I would hate to, say, see it remove the inventory system), but power creep is along the lines of "Shit just keeps getting better and better and the older shit is no longer interesting".

Ever played an MMO where they have, say, the SUPER COOL +4 STAM +4 STR warrior belt? Now, suddenly 6 years later its a +625 STAM +500 STR +250 AGI 80% chance to double a critical and perform a whirlwind. That's power creep. Of course, that's an EXTREME over-the-line suggestion, AND on regards to this topic, these tomes are NOWHERE near that; - They're all pretty decent little perks if anything, but once again, all these would do is make the bullshit primordials that everybody already USES even MORE used. This is the important part. If you'd notice, I didn't exactly disagree (As I had mentioned before), and evidently Spiderpig planned for them to overwrite a suffix if used on a gun with one, so that's GOOD; our interests already lay together on that.

Feel free to respond however you'd like.

Also, P.S: Rarity of an object is NO excuse for making it ridiculously strong. Nothing should be brokenly powerful because its "Rare". Someone, someones, and many-ones will obtain it eventually, and that's not fun.

Power creep is a VERY hard thing to avoid if you want to keep adding items people enjoy and will come back for (if they are away), I've been battling this issue for quite awhile now. TTT ultimately holds us back in what we can do to keep things interesting, and fill niches.

The new 'sought after' weapons would have to be PvE related items that fill specific roles in those situations. Not OP anywhere but there. The OSRS approach of making items only good at certain things. The best at the time at those things so they are still worth going for.

We have tried making lower-tier items cool, whacky, or unique. People just don't give a shit about them.

It's not as easy as just "Make items different, not better". I've tried, and still do try with every item I make.