Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to make FRG "worth" it again

Now that I've hooked you in with the clickbait title I would like to complain a bit.

How dull is every single reward in the game?
You can go do any event or boss and the outcome is basically like this:
x amount of coins and some amount of crates you can already buy yourself in varying amounts.

I have to say frankly that makes running most events just a drag, it basically makes me prioritize which ones are "worth" doing to the point where I'll never care about doing a grims run or any challenge scroll ever.
Analogy: it's like I'm being fed the same slop over and over in various amounts I have a limited "stomach" and will either get full very fast or throw up and not want to eat anymore.(top tier analogy)
The prospect of getting a deathbringer from grims or a page from any event can only be motivation for so long; in my entire time here and all the events done I've only ever dropped 2 grimoires and one page. I've basically accepted that I will probably never get any of these unique loots and can just skip most of them altogether and just do a handful of the other ones and basically make the same amount anyway. /complaint over

The problem is basically if all events give basically the same rewards with only a handful of godlikes to separate them then every event is directly comparable with each other with in terms of value.
In an economy driven server if I make 1k coins doing survive in 2 hours but also can make 1k from bloodwynd in 2 minutes then no matter how much I enjoy survive, bloodwynd is more "worth" it.

The solution is best showcased with Crates of Misery. They were a crate that rather than being discontinued like every other were introduced as a reward exclusively from Asylum.
The thing is with "exclusive" rewards you can't put an exact price on how much each event is "worth". I feel like this solution brilliant but it could definitely apply to most other events.

Tidal crates as an example serve as nothing but thematically incorrect filler for almost every boss and event. Although recently we had a new crate (hellfire) that came out recently that would have been amazing if it was exclusive as filler for say grims and asylum and a main reward from the lyrus boss fight rather than something you can buy thousands of from a shop.

Community crates aren't discontinued but are extremely limited so an adjustment like making them the replacement for Easter eggs from the recently added boss fight would make an extreme amount of sense.

This leaves a great spot for the upcoming Flashback crate to be exclusively from store-bought crates. Imagine if they worked as a premier ball-esque bonus for buying x amount of coins worth of crates in a single go?
How about as a djinn tier drop only rolled from crates purchased via shop?

I think changes like these would be very healthy towards the current game and economy, I believe it would revitalize most aspects of the server and certainly make things feel fresh.

Thoughts?

Plis no touch my community crates, but I'd like it if the bosses on grims had crate drops exclusive to each boss.
Find

I dunno mate, I kinda like TTT for...Well, you know, TTT. I don't really do the events, I don't care about items that much. Bothers me to see people religiously sitting on the lobby server rolling crates or doing the same few "Events" every single day. Seems silly. Also fuck you, hellfire crates are mine until I get that deagle.
Find

I do think this would be interesting, but honestly I feel like the only thing that will make FRG feel like this will be realms. The pokemon thing from NTG was pretty hype, but it failed miserablly (i think phish was coding it which would explain why). When realms does come out (PLZ MAKE IT), then yeah. If u remember hype when grims first came out i would imagine that realms destroy this and bring in a shit ton of new players, bring back old players, and be fun for a long time

+1 ur idea though

NOTE: If im being honest though special crate drops would also becoming boring it would feel like rolling reg crates after a given time (after awhile). I do think it would be a good edition, but I feel like its really time to expand past the lobby and TTT (after extinct update PLZ can we get info if realms will become the main focus)
Find

Honestly your right, nothing you said I disagree with, there needs to be some difference while doing events, i still enjoy doing events but sometimes it does get boring, the only event i do daily is worm queen because it can give the same loot as another fight that would take 10x longer. I dont have much more to say or elaborate on anything ive said here but in short, yeah, i agree...
chainy, chany, cheeny, cheesey, cheese, chebby, cheddy, kenny, chad, jeremy bentknee, bently, chendy bedendy, cheny deddy
Find

(04-15-2018, 10:57 AM)Kuro Wrote:  Now that I've hooked you in with the clickbait title I would like to complain a bit.

How dull is every single reward in the game?
You can go do any event or boss and the outcome is basically like this:
x amount of coins and some amount of crates you can already buy yourself in varying amounts.

I have to say frankly that makes running most events just a drag, it basically makes me prioritize which ones are "worth" doing to the point where I'll never care about doing a grims run or any challenge scroll ever.
Analogy: it's like I'm being fed the same slop over and over in various amounts I have a limited "stomach" and will either get full very fast or throw up and not want to eat anymore.(top tier analogy)
The prospect of getting a deathbringer from grims or a page from any event can only be motivation for so long; in my entire time here and all the events done I've only ever dropped 2 grimoires and one page. I've basically accepted that I will probably never get any of these unique loots and can just skip most of them altogether and just do a handful of the other ones and basically make the same amount anyway. /complaint over

The problem is basically if all events give basically the same rewards with only a handful of godlikes to separate them then every event is directly comparable with each other with in terms of value.
In an economy driven server if I make 1k coins doing survive in 2 hours but also can make 1k from bloodwynd in 2 minutes then no matter how much I enjoy survive, bloodwynd is more "worth" it.

The solution is best showcased with Crates of Misery. They were a crate that rather than being discontinued like every other were introduced as a reward exclusively from Asylum.
The thing is with "exclusive" rewards you can't put an exact price on how much each event is "worth". I feel like this solution brilliant but it could definitely apply to most other events.

Tidal crates as an example serve as nothing but thematically incorrect filler for almost every boss and event. Although recently we had a new crate (hellfire) that came out recently that would have been amazing if it was exclusive as filler for say grims and asylum and a main reward from the lyrus boss fight rather than something you can buy thousands of from a shop.

Community crates aren't discontinued but are extremely limited so an adjustment like making them the replacement for Easter eggs from the recently added boss fight would make an extreme amount of sense.

This leaves a great spot for the upcoming Flashback crate to be exclusively from store-bought crates. Imagine if they worked as a premier ball-esque bonus for buying x amount of coins worth of crates in a single go?
How about as a djinn tier drop only rolled from crates purchased via shop?

I think changes like these would be very healthy towards the current game and economy, I believe it would revitalize most aspects of the server and certainly make things feel fresh.

Thoughts?
I think you explained part of this poorly.

Quote:The problem is basically if all events give basically the same rewards with only a handful of godlikes to separate them then every event is directly comparable with each other with in terms of value.

That's not a problem, that's how it NEEDS to be. Just balanced more properly than it is currently, so time vs coin is more comparable across all. So doing one isn't more worth doing the other, unless you're chasing specific unique from said event.

But that's where more unique loot would come in. I don't think dropping expired crates is the way to do it, but more unique (not just godlike) items to each event, such as items with event-only traits 'x more damage vs undead, etc'. But things like that are hard to also make it 'worth it'.

Secondly, that's kind of how grinding bosses works. Most of the time you get the same loot, but every now and again you get that rare drop, unique to that boss. That was always my main goal, for people to go after the rares, not really the 'small rewards'.

Nothing you said really changes this fact, though. We introduce said crates, and after awhile of being like this, the event then gets 'old and boring', when you're likely not going to get the godlike from the crates, and the exact same problems as listed occurs(the crates become ordinary). It's a temporary fix, as is pretty much any loot re-balance to these. Not that I am completely against this or anything, just saying your solution isn't really a solid fix for this issue. (Not sure how many MMO's you've played, but grinding bosses/dungeons in mmos have this same exact issue. It just gets boring after doing it for so long, it's all about chasing those unique drops though, thus why I think we need MORE of them) (As Axe later said in his post above)
Find

Paint Crate please
Bouncy Rounds
Find

This post doesn't show much impact on your thread, but these are just thoughts for this problem.

I think one thing that makes them boring is the difficulty, after you get the pattern down of each event it becomes easy and fast, how about adding a harder a difficulty setting?

In Destiny (at least the 1st game) they had two different difficulty settings, a normal and hard difficulty, this new difficulty setting could have harder elements, and maybe something extra to do, an example for Asylum would be more zombie spawns, maybe another pillar, Horus learned some new moves (this setting could be for smaller events like bloodwynd or igneous). This hard setting would have higher chance of dropping more loot, you could also have a entirely new godlike for the new difficulty OR make uniques from the hard difficulty have higher stats than the normal difficulty.

You could also have smaller uniques while doing events, like legendary weapons, or prims only from that event, but Brass explained why he doesn't do that in his post so, just a thought.

What also makes it easy is your group, generally having more players make anything easier, so make a hard solo bosses. I think Brass said about making a super hard solo boss, you could also do this for worm queen.
Find

What about make it so the Godlike drops are 100% after playing the event a certain amount of times, like the Hellfire and Crescent II Cases?

Unlike the crates, you could drop any of the avaliable Godlikes from these events after a set amount of completions. The Godlike(s?) you obtain from this method, like the crates, will be untradeable. (Tradeable ones can still drop like normal.)

You could make it so that certain events have a better starting chance to obtain a Godlike. Grims and Survive are less played than Bloodwynd, Worm Queen, and Castle. The starting chances should be lower for Grims and Survive since they are played less, and drop chances for Bloodwynd, Worm Queen, and Castle should have a higher starting chance since they are played daily with multiple groups. (I'm not sure where Asylum stands here.)

If new Godlike uniques are added, make it so they are only obtainable from drops for a while instead of being able to be obtained by the 100% method. After a few months add them to the 100% Godlike table.

If we are talking about things, I want survive to be approachable for most people, instead of the 6-9+ hour runs, most people cant afford to do that casually. Look at the recent attempt to break the survive record, people got sick and fell asleep trying just to be there as long as teamsweat.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find