Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Change/Remove Sliding Puzzles?
YES
NO
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NO more slide puzzles!

get gud

I already get Kuro to do them for me Sad. Its just a pain in the ass.
Find

(04-12-2018, 10:40 PM)Terran Wrote:  I already get Kuro to do them for me Sad. Its just a pain in the ass.

how is it a pain if you'r not even the one that does it? i'm confused by your statement.

People already told you a answer for the sliding puzzle. why do you still complain about it?
it's like getting your homework done and still complaining that it was hard even tho you didn't do it...
Find

I have to say this is pretty silly, what's wrong with allowing players to do their scrolls how they want? There's no one here that posted in this thread that agrees that the puzzles are hard and based on the amount of people telling terran to get good you all seem to find the puzzles easy. If puzzles are so easy why shouldn't he be allowed to take the longer option if it means the scrolls will be more enjoyable to him?

Terran says he took a while doing his easy scroll, so I'd say around 20 minutes. What is more fun to everyone here, 20 minutes in TTT or 20 minutes in the lobby confusedly clicking a slide around and around until something happens? The main thing on this server is TTT, it's the main thing on this server and the first thing every person plays when they join.

What's wrong with making challenge scrolls more accessible to people who strictly want to play TTT? Wasn't that the entire purpose of all of these updates recently?

TERRAN WOULD RATHER START ON 30 P90 KILLS THAN SPEND 30 SECONDS DOING THIS:

Someone give this man a skip button for his dedication.
Find

(04-13-2018, 09:31 PM)Kuro Wrote:  I have to say this is pretty silly, what's wrong with allowing players to do their scrolls how they want? There's no one here that posted in this thread that agrees that the puzzles are hard and based on the amount of people telling terran to get good you all seem to find the puzzles easy. If puzzles are so easy why shouldn't he be allowed to take the longer option if it means the scrolls will be more enjoyable to him?

Terran says he took a while doing his easy scroll, so I'd say around 20 minutes. What is more fun to everyone here, 20 minutes in TTT or 20 minutes in the lobby confusedly clicking a slide around and around until something happens? The main thing on this server is TTT, it's the main thing on this server and the first thing every person plays when they join.

What's wrong with making challenge scrolls more accessible to people who strictly want to play TTT? Wasn't that the entire purpose of all of these updates recently?

TERRAN WOULD RATHER START ON 30 P90 KILLS THAN SPEND 30 SECONDS DOING THIS:

Someone give this man a skip button for his dedication.

We'd be making this one big change, which would take a lot more work(and complete rewrites of things) than the time spent on one single sliding puzzle, just for this one person who claims to be too 'dumb' to handle a relatively simple puzzle. That's the only silly thing here. You act like it's 'no big deal' to do something like this, with no concept of the work behind it. To put bluntly, in the current state, it's a waste of development time.

Bottom line: Challenge scrolls aren't for everyone(nowhere does it say TTT only challenges either, we have plenty of TTT only challenges to go for (dailies, quests, achievements, etc)). They are there to try and challenge you, if it's too hard, then I'm afraid you either need to practice, or it's just not for you. If a ton more came forward being unable to do them, MAYBE. But not just for one single person. It would be far easier for you to adapt to it and learn it, than for us to go in and hardcode a change just to suit your needs.

(Plus what better stuff do you have to do while dead on TTT anyways? This is something that you can try to solve while dead if you just want to play TTT)
Find

(04-13-2018, 09:50 PM)Brassx Wrote:  We'd be making this one big change, which would take a lot more work(and complete rewrites of things) than the time spent on one single sliding puzzle, just for this one person who claims to be too 'dumb' to handle a relatively simple puzzle. That's the only silly thing here. You act like it's 'no big deal' to do something like this, with no concept of the work behind it. To put bluntly, in the current state, it's a waste of development time.

Bottom line: Challenge scrolls aren't for everyone(nowhere does it say TTT only challenges either, we have plenty of TTT only challenges to go for (dailies, quests, achievements, etc)). They are there to try and challenge you, if it's too hard, then I'm afraid you either need to practice, or it's just not for you. If a ton more came forward being unable to do them, MAYBE. But not just for one single person. It would be far easier for you to adapt to it and learn it, than for us to go in and hardcode a change just to suit your needs.

(Plus what better stuff do you have to do while dead on TTT anyways? This is something that you can try to solve while dead if you just want to play TTT)

I said it was silly that everyone was bashing Terran for asking for the >option< to skip something he disliked and instead doing something everybody prefers(the thing everyone is essentially here for) especially considering it's harder that way (although it did come out pretty whiny).
I'll be the first to admit I have no clue how to code this change or how big it would be, it honestly didn't cross my mind and you're the first to make that point.
I agree it'a low priority when it comes to the giant list of "shit that needs to get done" but wouldn't you agree it's not a bad option to give players that choice especially if it improves their experience with the server?
Remember there was a good amount of people joining for the first time and a lot of people who came back during their release. The medium challenges that were given out are likely plenty of peoples first experiences ever having to do this type of puzzle.
Find