Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A new unique melee idea

Name: Undertaker's Umbrella
Type: Primordial? (I'm not sure)
It would be an umbrella that allows the user to glide after jumping off a tall height. (yeah its a bit silly)
You would activate the glide by right clicking with the umbrella out which would cause the umbrella to open and slow your descent. (Imagine Mary Poppins)
There would be a 1 or 2 second delay between activation so you can't just activate it right before you hit the ground and basically negate any fall damage.

Stats:
Damage: 10%
Firerate: 10%
Mobility: 5%
Range: 5%

Here are two links to Workshop models that could be used as example models:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=667385297
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=584658171
Find

That's a fair enough suggestion, but if you have a model, you should supply it. Nobody is going to model and SWEP a melee just like that.
Find

(03-25-2018, 09:23 PM)Terran Wrote:  That's a fair enough suggestion, but if you have a model, you should supply it. Nobody is going to model and SWEP a melee just like that.

Added links to Workshop models
Find

that actually sounds pretty dope but if I could use a melee that accomplishes the feat of the orb of acrophobia/rebounding crystal and then some I'm never going to use them again
which, honestly, is fine imo considering nobody does anyways. but some may not agree.
Find

(03-25-2018, 10:41 PM)Enchantable Wrote:  that actually sounds pretty dope but if I could use a melee that accomplishes the feat of the orb of acrophobia/rebounding crystal and then some I'm never going to use them again
which, honestly, is fine imo considering nobody does anyways. but some may not agree.

gotta realize that a lot of melee's offer other advantages so this being another alternate isn't that bad
Find

Imo it would have redundancy for several items, jump/grav crystals/shurikens/orb of acrophobia.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

(03-26-2018, 01:37 AM)Kheyre Wrote:  Imo it would have redundancy for several items, jump/grav crystals/shurikens/orb of acrophobia.

I see the umbrella providing a way to glide far distances and not just a way to survive fall damage. Jump crystals and shurikens allow players to scale small structures, but not to climb to the top of large buildings. Using the umbrella you might be able to get on top of said building. The orb of acrophobia/gravity crystals/shurikens allow you to fall down from a long distance and survive, but not to travel a long distance forward in the air.
Find

(03-26-2018, 02:29 AM)Pizzy Wrote:  
(03-26-2018, 01:37 AM)Kheyre Wrote:  Imo it would have redundancy for several items, jump/grav crystals/shurikens/orb of acrophobia.

I see the umbrella providing a way to glide far distances and not just a way to survive fall damage. Jump crystals and shurikens allow players to scale small structures, but not to climb to the top of large buildings. Using the umbrella you might be able to get on top of said building. The orb of acrophobia/gravity crystals/shurikens allow you to fall down from a long distance and survive, but not to travel a long distance forward in the air.

yeah it CAN do that, but is it not true that it can also fully negate fall damage? you could add a delay of a second or two like you said but in most cases you won’t be falling a distance so short that the delay actually matters. tbh it just seems like a better acrophobia orb/rebounding crystal with a gliding mechanic
Find

(03-26-2018, 03:19 AM)Enchantable Wrote:  yeah it CAN do that, but is it not true that it can also fully negate fall damage? you could add a delay of a second or two like you said but in most cases you won’t be falling a distance so short that the delay actually matters. tbh it just seems like a better acrophobia orb/rebounding crystal with a gliding mechanic

That is true. One option could be to make the descent while gliding super slow so that most of the time in the air will be spent as a sitting duck. This could give an advantage to the gravity crystal or orb which would provide a fast fall and quick escape out of the air.
Find

Redundancies don’t really matter, there’s nothin’ wrong with giving people options/preferences

- That Thrakos Noob
Find