Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Changes to Grimoires

(okay yes I get I've been posting a lot of suggestions, but that's just because motivation to actually suggest these ideas is high. I've been meaning to make these threads for a long time)

So. Grimoires.
I'll be taking these one at a time...

--The standard grimoire
Not much here. Just that for teleport to really be just a little bit better as I feel it should, I think it should allow you to switch weapons faster after using. That's about it.

--Grimoire of Bloodwynd
This one has had a lot of controversy. It's been changed a lot, given a lot of hate, a lot of love, and I think it should either be reverted or taken to a different direction.
Firstly is the fact that it, being the blue rune, doesnt even represent the bloodwynd rune anymore. It makes you crouch and look down... Honestly, it's not very good. Ask anyone with one to let you try it, the legendary healing orb has more generic use than this.
So, I have two ideas:
Make it levitate again. It doesnt need to shoot people into the air, but having people float just made it easier to use the book in a way that was useful. As long as it doesnt throw people into the air like it did before, it shouldn't have as many issues. To compensate for the lower height, you could have people's screen dragged upwards (to follow the same logic and having crouching bring your screen down)

My other idea would be to also give it the effect of the green rune, so that it would have a similar purpose like despair.

--Grimoire of Igneus
This has only been dropped once as of now, but everyone who's owned it has complained a lot about it.
Simply, just either lower the charge time, increase the damage from 25 to about 45, or allow it to switch to another weapon faster, since using it basically tells everyone around you that you're a traitor.
When a dragon round begins.

Find

bring back the old grimoire of bloodwynd please, it was so much fun
Find

Also, I failed to mention that ever since the tickrate update it takes a lot longer for the books to proc their spells, which is also an annoyance. It'd be nice if at least this could be fixed, since it was unintentional =)
When a dragon round begins.

Find

I think that this is a good idea. The only problem I have with grimoires is that people use them even whey they are innocent. It can get annoying when the blue aura is placed and I have to duckwalk my way out of it. I feel like the rest of the book does not really benefit the user any more than shurdunkens or even a health orb.
Find