Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Way to add flair to lower tiers

So, I'm sure we can all agree that the lower tiers serve no purpose other than being made into a key.
And while this isn't necessarily a bad thing, when a new player joins the server and can within a day or two have a weapon of the third highest tier (disregarding exotic), then there's an issue.

So, one idea of mine is that we add something that has a chance to spawn on every type of weapon, for every tier.
Although challenges have been recently released, and have unique weapons/suffixes/etc of their own that are sure to become valuable, these ideas are for the sake of providing chance to make weapons lower than primordial tier worthwhile getting ahold of.

*Incentive for the ideas below could be created by giving a higher chance to obtain these suffixes/skins/colors through donater crates

•Idea 1: Add a new pool of lower-tier suffixes
The sake of this is to add a new pool of rarer-than-usual suffixes, as to give purpose to lower tiers (primarily rare and legendary)
A few suggestions for take:
---Of the Siren's Call
The idea behind this one is that it is, well, the banshee shriek's suffix. This to me feels like a good addition because it's outdated in the way that it's not very powerful, but would be incredibly fun to have on any variant of a weapon.

---Of the Tectonics
This follows the same idea of the last suggestion, but this time with the Cataclysm's suffix. It should be reworked a bit with a lower proc/ a larger effect, considering how the Cataclym's variant of it is nearly useless, but its idea is good, and could also add a lot of flair to certain weapons.

---Of the (name TBD)
As the previous suggestions go, this one follows a weapon, this time being the Wraith. The Wraith itself is a very unique gun, but a similar situation could be useful and fun to have on lower-tier weapons, giving a very good chance roll on the statistics of the suffix a lot of power into a normally useless weapon. The idea would be that there's a 1/2-1/6 chance (on the standard weapon, i.e. mac10, shotgun, deagle, glock) to restore 1 hp.

---Of the Deafened and Of the Allseeing
These are two different suffixes, but I'm putting them into one category because they both follow the same rule: being powered-up versions of muffle and soul tracker respectively. The muffle should last about 10-15 seconds, and soul tracker should last about 15-25 seconds.

---Of the Hellslice / Of the Molten Slash (unsure about name)
This one works by following Morgoth. This suffix would only be attainable from defeating Morgoth, and would shoot a smaller version of Morgoth's sweep attack with a low chance to proc. This suffix's point would be to be much rarer than usual suffixes (since it only comes from Morgoth), and would pierce players dealing 40 damage on contact (due to the slow speed of the beam and ability to dodge it)

---Of the Binding
Similar to the last one, this works by following Bloodwynd. This suffix would only be attainable from defeating Bloodwynd, and would spawn Bloodwynd's purple circle ~3 seconds after proc for ~8 seconds. While not entirely useful in hindsight, Bloodwynd is done very commonly and so (althought still a rare suffix), it would be common-ish and would create a new practice and variable to certain TTT situations.

•Idea 2: Add a series of color schemes/ skins to, on very rare occasion, spawn on a weapon
This point is so that guns have a chance of being even more unique past the idea of having suffixes/whatnot. This would take some work (and might mean that we could reapply the idea of skin submissions), but it would apply color schemes/ skins to weapons on spawn on very rare occasions (for example, for it to spawn on a standard weapon it would be the same rarity as a primordial drop on top of that standard).
This could be done without skin submissions by giving weapons with this applied two colors to fade from, alike how heroics fade in rainbow fashion, but with just 2-3-4 colors, etc.
If skins were to be applied, then that's more straightforward. There's a chance for a weapon of certain type to spawn with a respectable skin for that certain type. (In each weapon's desc, it would state the color fade applied and skin applied if there is one)

(credit to idea#2 goes to sirpez)
When a dragon round begins.

+1 If these Suffixe's aren't lower tier only
Find

(03-03-2018, 06:31 PM)Santabalt Wrote:  +1 If these Suffixe's aren't lower tier only

"So, one idea of mine is that we add something that has a chance to spawn on every type of weapon, for every tier."
When a dragon round begins.

Find

(03-03-2018, 11:43 PM)Fancy Humbug Typh Wrote:  
(03-03-2018, 06:31 PM)Santabalt Wrote:  +1 If these Suffixe's aren't lower tier only

"So, one idea of mine is that we add something that has a chance to spawn on every type of weapon, for every tier."

Nevermind
Find

+1 this would be a really cool way to give lower tier guns more value and it would also be nice to see more suffixes in general

i also like the idea of the skins
Find