Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Preferred Change To T6 Keys?
Remove Coins, Increase Quality of Prims Significantly
Raise Coin Amount, Increase Quality of Prims Slightly/Remain the Same
No Changes Needed
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Remove Coins from T6 Keys

This is very frustrating right now. I've rolled two t6 keys myself, and luckily I've only gotten coins once, but the coins that you receive are nowhere near the "amount" that you spent on the key, assuming you treat the primordials you put into the key as 3k in value. I know that many people feel the same way. It might be better if the chances of traits, suffxies, and the quality of items in t6 keys was raised, while at the same time removing coins. It would make the keys feel much more worthwhile, and reduce the nasty taste in your mouth when you essentially just get a quarter of the value of the coins you invested without any sort of real return.

EDIT: Modifying this to clarify my position. This isn't a post complaining about anything that I've dropped. This is a post making a fairly un-biased observation on the current state of t6 keys. Literally 3 of you posted something about how they shouldn't give profit, but that's not what I said whatsoever. I understand basic economics enough and don't need a lecture on why I can't profit every time. That wasn't what this post was about. However, I'd like the items that I get from my key to be something that is real instead of an amount of coins that seems insignificant in respect to the items that I put in- No other tier of key has such an irrelevant stack of coins in relation to the amount that was put into the key.

IN ADDITION: I also understand that the coin value of primordials is proportionate to the amount of coins that the player market has assigned to them, which is why the coins are disproportionate to the current t6 keys, which is why I would rather receive the appropriate tier instead of a stack of coins that may or may not be appropriate for the player-set value of that tier.

Edit TL;DR : This is not a complaint. This a suggestion. Consider it with that weight.

I mean aren't the return of most keys 10%? You almost always get a legendary from a tier 5 key for example. Why should tier 6 keys be more efficient.
Find

(01-22-2018, 11:41 PM)Tarrasque Wrote:  I mean aren't the return of most keys 10%? You almost always get a legendary from a tier 5 key for example. Why should tier 6 keys be more efficient.

The difference is most definitely in the rarity of the key. You can obtain a T5 key with relative ease, but primordials are far more important to the economy of the server. They shouldn't simply disappear into some pile of coins.
Find

Keys are an item dump, not a profit creator. You either get lucky and profit, or, like normal plebs, drain some worthless primordials from the market.

(01-22-2018, 11:45 PM)Terran Wrote:  Keys are an item dump, not a profit creator. You either get lucky and profit, or, like normal plebs, drain some worthless primordials from the market.

Which is why I'm saying they shouldn't create coins. I'm not trying to say that they should give great primordials, but they should give primordials, not runescape money.
Find

Not every drop is suppose to be profit. If you don't like what tier 6 keys give then don't make them. They shouldn't just be a guaranteed godlike drop, and I'm sure you'd rather get 6k back than a heroic.

They're meant to be a risk. You have a 1 in 20 chance to receive a godlike from them as well, which will make your money back(assuming it isn't a railgun) if you do hit that.
Find

Imo the coins from all the keys need to be rebalance though. T5 vs t6 coins jump in value randomly while t3 can give more than t5 does more commonly.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

I've never rolled a T6 key so I don't have much to say there, but I think that we should remove the blue stack of coins from T5 keys completely. I would much rather have another random legendary than 200 coins.
Find

This is because you guys are adding arbitrary prices to primordials or whatever. Brass has no control over what you people value these guns at, so why should he have to try to? Maybe Primordials are going to be 500 coins in the future.

(01-23-2018, 01:25 AM)SP1D3RP1G Wrote:  I've never rolled a T6 key so I don't have much to say there, but I think that we should remove the blue stack or coins from T5 keys completely. I would much rather have another random legendary than 200 coins.

I mean it's the chance you take rolling the key and the green stacks pay out nice on t5 keys, it's pretty widely known that you get chucked from tier 6 keys, just an example Alex rolled one after buying a prim from me for 5k. The cheapest prom cost about 3-4K coins so this puts the key at about 30-40k min just to make and Alex rolls 6k from his key. I have never seen any rolls on a prim key over 12k so the cost vs reward is terrible.
Find