Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Harpoons

(01-22-2018, 09:28 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  I don't see a point in using throwing knives anymore when you can just buy a harpoon and be 100 times more effective with it.

Harpoons one hit basically anywhere on the body, have extreme accuracy, extreme range, extremely fast travel time, you can buy MULTIPLE of them, and they have almost instant pull out time(you can't throw a knife until around 1-2 seconds after you pull it out) as seen here in the code for them:

Code:
function SWEP:Equip()
  self.Weapon:SetNextPrimaryFire( CurTime() + (self.Primary.Delay * 1.5) )
  self.Weapon:SetNextSecondaryFire( CurTime() + (self.Secondary.Delay * 1.5) )
end

If you compare the two it is insane how much better the harpoon is.

I personally think the harpoon should be changed to do 45~ damage and allow people to pick them back up instead. At this point they're just an extremely better throwing knife.

After reading some of the comments in this thread, I just think the pullout time should be increased by double or triple what it currently is, and make it have a charge for the throw which will determine how much damage it will do on hit.

inb4 casual game comment
Wouldn't Equip only get called when they purchase it/pick it up? It should prolly be changed to SWEP.Deploy so the delay happens every time you try to pull it out.
Find

I personally don't think it needs a nerf. It's a lot of fun, and like Brass has said before, we want traitors to be powerful. It's not fun getting a t round and getting mowed down by 3 tartarus and an oracle. Perhaps a buff to the knife instead? idk.

Why not make it so only one T can buy only one and no more? but i do agree on the loud sound that would be nice to hear your instant death Big Grin
other then that there is no need to nerf the damage of it.

Ignore nivendo because he is a major harpoon user. It's no fun when you instantly die point blank from someone swap throwing it instantly, 0 counter play. At least give it a firing after swapping delay or something. Oh and terran that's cause I have the backstab quest lol.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

oof

gotta work on my 6 frame reaction time i guess
Find

(01-23-2018, 08:08 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  

oof

I wish the United States government was as effective as harpoons are
Find

lets take notice its yet again, nivendo using a harpoon in that video.
you could bet money that its always nivendo harpooning people when he is a T
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

A delay has been added. (Started with a small delay of 0.5 seconds)
Find

(01-23-2018, 08:08 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  

oof

Oh boy he used a credit to get a single cheap kill vs 1 player in a server. Now he has to go without an advantage of a reusable equipment for the entirety of the round now.

I don't get why you guys want traitors to be "fair" the entire point of ttt are traitors are outnumbered so they have to use stealth and the equipment they have which is suppose to be inherently unfair to win.

Not to mention you were standing perfectly still there he could have had the same effect by just pulling out a deagle or rifle and domeing you.

Well obviously if he was using a rifle or deagle head shotting me would have also killed me, emphasis on head shot.

He threw it directly at my chest, with literally no time to react. I don't get how adding a delay is that much of a disadvantage. It still one hits so I don't see the problem at all. They also leave no DNA as well.
Find