Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Your Thoughts?
I really Like the idea and would love to see it added
The concept sounds cool, but maybe slightly change something
[NOTE] If you select this, please explain why [/NOTE] No, I do like this
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nightingale Pledge

Bug 
Nightingale Pledge
Slot: Orb
Unique Ability: When held out, all surrounding players in a radius (similar to the Christmas orb) are granted immunity to death from DoT, and for every "tick" where they would've died without the support, the damage from those "ticks" is transferred to the player with the Pledge.
Lore/Description text:
I solemnly pledge myself before God and in the presence of this assembly to pass my life in purity and to practise my profession faithfully.
I shall abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous, and shall not take or knowingly administer any harmful drug.
I shall do all in my power to maintain and elevate the standard of my profession and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping and all family affairs coming to my knowledge in the practice of my calling.
I shall be loyal to my work and devoted towards the welfare of those committed to my care.

Backstory behind the name: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightingale_Pledge
Umpty Dumpty

Bro
you spelt practice wrong

but hey
i like the idea
+1
When a dragon round begins.

Find

interesting effect, not really about the flavortext tho

- That Thrakos Noob

The problem with that is that its basically another orb of curing. No one uses that. Why would you give up something that heals you or others for something that's situational. Maybe if you actually do manage to prevent someone's death, you get like 30 health or something...

(01-14-2018, 05:16 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  The problem with that is that its basically another orb of curing. No one uses that. Why would you give up something that heals you or others for something that's situational. Maybe if you actually do manage to prevent someone's death, you get like 30 health or something...

This is basically my thoughts, too situational for something that may or may not even happen.

How about this:

Instantly remove any DoT effect on those around you. For each effect removed, recover 10 HP on yourself and those effected, capping at 90.
This makes the orb situational, but potentially rewarding beyond the Orb of Christmas, and has a specific use that doesn't involve you essentially killing yourself for someone else's DoT effect.
In other words, it's a good orb for a support role as a traitor buddy or for those that are proven innocent.
It also isn't self-medicating, which makes it specifically lacking in relation to the orb of curing (which I may add, likely needs a buff in the form of a weaker self-targeting version of this with potential beyond an orb of healing in order to become relevant.)

Anyway, it's not too bad of an idea, all in all. It could just use some tweaks like this.