Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Coins and Crate Nerfs

Instead of nerfing coin drops from crates like Bone crates and Item Crates

Why scale it with Crate level instead? It'd just decrease each level until it caps out at the point its at right now.

In my opinion this would make the crates still good for newer players to open instead of getting dirt

ehhhhh... I dont like this. lets not make the crates get worse as you level it up. That takes away the point of the leveling up system

I like this idea, why punish newer players because of their time of joining. If your an older player there are events you can do for coins, even lucky rounds give good amount of coins. Even then the only problem this idea could cause is more coins on the server, until more people get capped at the level it is at right now. The positives it could cause are making it easier on newer players.
It can't get worse as Moz said the cap is the level it is right now. This seems as a more fair system in my opinion.

(01-13-2018, 07:42 PM)Alex Summers Wrote:  ehhhhh... I dont like this. lets not make the crates get worse as you level it up. That takes away the point of the leveling up system

if the drop-off doesn't outweigh the benefits you get from progressing your crates it doesn't take away the point imo

further, you could argue that more coin return at earlier levels is more sensible because it allows newer players to buy more crates and progress them (or just to get more coins in general)

at any rate, a total nerf to coin return regardless of level would reduce coin amounts more than a level-based nerf, so I'd prefer a level-based one
Find

Remove all the crates and add microtransactions
Minehuis: Pancakes
Rangerdanger0: Waffles
Rangerdanger0: lol rekt
Find

Crates aren't a source of coins. They're a moneysink.

Eh.. I don't think this is a good idea.

Lower coin amounts from Crates for everyone will help more in the end. It will help make coins more valuable(by helping to drain more coins from the system, thus helping to cope with inflation), which means 'getting dirt' wouldn't be quite the same as it is currently(not that a new player would even know what is dirt and what isn't), as coins are less valuable right now due to how often you get them and how many there are. Back in the day it was tough to get coins, 10k was a SHIT TON and people who had over 10k were 'rich'. Now people have 100's of thousands of coins, and don't ever even spend them. Thus causing inflation.

Also scummy people could just family share an account to open crates for more coins at lower crate levels. it's just an idea that could cause more issues (for staff, as well as making players who open lots feel somewhat punished for it, doesn't matter what else you gain, believe me.), and even if you balance progression so it outweighs the lowered coin return it will still completely ruin the point of progressing(it feels like by getting said perks, you're losing something else, which definitely won't feel worth it or very good, as stated above).

Crates should not be a main source of coins, and you guys have been somewhat spoiled by how I started to balance coins in everything. It should be where coins are mainly meant to be spent in the end, with more ITEM returns(which then can be made into keys, which will have coin return rebalances). Not to say you can't get coins from them post-patch, but they will be toned down, focusing on item returns, with other coin returns coming from stuff like Keys, Events, Weekly quest, Daily quests/challenges(available to all via TTT, not only on the lobby), and other TTT stuff(making post-round coin drops more consistent for non-lucky maps).

With newer crates, I can then start to balance drop rates and make things more common due to coins being more scarce and harder to obtain.

TL;DR - Lower coin amounts for all is better, and the way crates are balanced currently did a lot of harm to the economy(so did survive tbh). I remember getting reports of people rolling certain crates for hours, and hours building up a good coin stack before stopping. No crate should be like that.

I wonder who he is talking about with the whole rolling crates thing?