Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Another Suggestion Thread, For Another Time

So I saw that BrassX mentioned that there's a lack of fresh ideas. Having my Orb of Christmas accepted gave me a bit of a confidence boost, so here's a pile of stuff that I may or may not have come up with in about fifteen seconds, but seems creative nonetheless.

(Implicit) Primordial Tiers:

Malevolent - 1 in * chance to flash the affected player's screen once in a random color, or simply white (I don't want it to be an epilepsy gun). This shot does an additional * damage (Dependent on weapon type)

Vampiric - 1 in * chance to mark a target. Any additional damage dealt to this player by you leeches life, with a 1:* ratio. If this shot is a killing blow, gain * health instead.

Agile - 1 in * chance to mark a target. The next attack you are struck with from this player has its damage reduced by half.

Refreshing - Add * ammunition to your magazine on rightful kill. (Dependent on weapon type)

Mutating - Change your weapon type on rightful kill. The new weapon has a fresh magazine, and improved stats in comparison with your previous weapon. The weapon returns to its original form at the beginning of each round. (Primaries change to primaries, secondaries to other secondaries. Some guns have heavier weights on their stats.) (Pairs well with Dimension Crystal)

Harsh - Very high damage, with comparatively low firerate. 1 in * to boost the gun's firerate temporarily on rightful kill. This effect can stack up to 3 times. (Pairs well with reload crystal)

Forgiving - The counterpart to Harsh, with a high rate of fire, and comparatively low damage. 1 in * to boost the gun's damage temporarily on rightful kill. This effect can stack up to 3 times.

Condemned - ??? - The gun receives random stats every time it is picked up or loaded in with, ranging anywhere from negative to positive on all attributes. Each copy has a(n) (optional, perhaps hidden?) modifier that influences these fluctuations. In addition to this, the gun's suffixes and traits are rolled randomly daily, but can be locked for a time by the gun's owner, perhaps permanently should the owner be content with what they've received. I figure this goes a bit beyond Primordial, so maybe it'd be godlike, or it can just be a modified version of this idea. Nonetheless, here ye go.

Crystals:

Crystal of Tolerance - 1 in * chance to take half damage whenever you are struck anywhere but the head.

Crystal of Belief - While holding a melee weapon, all damage you take is halved.

Crystal of Surety - While dealing damage with a melee weapon, damage you deal is permanent and cannot be healed by any circumstance.

Closing

I wanted something to make melee weapons actually feel worth it whatsoever to use. These probably aren't the solution, but I figure maybe I'd put them here just to spark some ideas for somebody else. A few of these might be a bit similar to something I've put in a past thread, but I can't be bothered to re-read my repetitive ideas.

Note that mostly I want people to look at these and think about what they like about the guns that you use on TTT, and what we can do moving forward to make guns fresh, exciting, and unique to use. Things such as my "condemned" suggestion may make for a larger diversity of weapons, and add a high level of uniqueness into player loadouts.
Find

I think instead of expanding the server with so many traits, suffixes, etc the server needs to cut back. The server had hit a point where it had a good amount of content in it in terms of suffixes/traits. Right now the server feels very cluttered which is one of the reasons I stopped playing. Another reason I stopped playing is the screen effects, look downs, and traits movement which made the game not fun at all and just gave me a headache. Walking into the blue circle from the book godlike and having to consonantly pull up makes me nauseous. The color my screen turns when I get hit with something. It can be annoying. It does not happen too often but when it does it's just too annoying. I think the server development should focus on things to reward players for loyalty and add more late game content for the people who play the most and donate the most. Playing TTT is fun but knowing each round amounts to very little, it's a little discouraging. Anyway, in summary, the server has too many little things, and a lot of the traits that happen so infrequently they're kinda just there, and there is not too much late game content. Compared to other servers this one defiantly takes the cake in terms of content and I honestly don't know why new players don't stick around.

Well a majority of the reason new players dont stick around is due to the current player base. We're not very welcoming to new players, and actually quite rude at times and i dont really blame them for leaving. Not to mention the rules as well, but those are being changed and there's no reason to beat a dead horse so ill leave it at that.

I agree with Aresuft, more late game content.

I thought maybe we could unlock new abilities for people past level 75 or 100. I do believe people that are past level 75 should get a goodie bag every week. It contains items that will help people in the future.

I thought of a Crystal Combiner. Something like combining a Reload Crystal and Dimension Crystal to get a Restocking Crystal. It basically is a reload and dimension crystal in one crystal and the Restocking Crystal is a primordial crystal. Of course other things could be in the goodie bag, I just need some more time to think, but the Crystal Combiner is probably one of the better things you could get from it.

Gravity and Jump Crystals = Moon Crystal
Bouncy Rounds
Find

(Aresuft said something about screen effects and cutting back on suffixes that I have no idea how to quote in addition to Halanta's post. I'd disagree, mostly because the server is based around these things to begin with. I would agree with limiting the amount of suffixes and traits that impair movement or sight, however- as these are basic elements of any game, and are extremely hindering when removed from a player.)
@Aresuft I figured I shouldn't have started with a suffix that effected the screen, I knew someone would probably read it and ignore the rest of the post. Regardless, that was actually the only one that effects the player's screen, and I only intended it to flash as a visual indicator that the person had taken additional damage, much like an advanced version of the already-in-the-game red flash that occurs when you're shot (in the head, I think?).

(01-02-2018, 05:48 PM)Halanta Claus Wrote:  I agree with Aresuft, more late game content.

I thought of a Crystal Combiner. Something like combining a Reload Crystal and Dimension Crystal to get a Restocking Crystal. It basically is a reload and dimension crystal in one crystal[.]

@Halanta This was pretty much my goal, was to add additional items to strive for in "late game". A lot of the primordials I suggested have a lot of individual potential to be very strong given the right combination of traits, suffixes, and otherwise are just really cool (Condemned, for example). I was also thinking about a crystal that was essentially just two crystals in one, but I felt like it would make the other crystals powercreeped and essentially useless, which I didn't want to happen.

Also, Tobias makes a good point. We should work on being friendly to new players. Usually if I see someone is trying to have a good time (even if they're RDMing or something) I'll cut them some slack and try to have a good time with them. I think a lot of our playerbase would do well to follow suit, and give people a chance even if they're breaking the rules when they first join.
Find