Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: What do you think of TTT's current state?
Its fine
A little stale
predictable and boring
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

We need to make TTT more enjoyable

Bug 
TTT as it stands is a fun game...for a while. Eventually, every single new round is nothing new, it's all predictable and bland for an experienced player. Even Brass doesn't play much due to he himself saying how boring TTT is nowadays. Adding new t-weapons or detective items might stave off the boredom for a short while, but eventually it all falls back into its normal rhythm. What we need is not new content for the gameplay, we need to fix the already-existing issues. This thread is made with the purpose of trying to fix various issues with the way TTT's gameplay plays out. Below are my suggestions and feel free to add your own.

Note: the order is not special, but the ones at the top are the ones that I thought of first, so they may be the most problematic
  1. Delay is annoying, especially when it's a new player. What I discovered on the gamemode Murder, is that if the Murderer doesn't kill within a certain time limit, the player begins emitting smoke and is exposed, allowing players to know he's the killer at a glance. Something like this for TTT would encourage smarter positioning and acting, something that was lost long ago in the current state of TTT.
  2. When you know your math, its very easy to know how many traitors are left due to how the number of traitors is calculated via the player count. However, what if you threw in a random factor? I'm not proposing there to be something dumb like having 2 extra traitors or 2 less traitors every once in a while, I'm talking about there being a chance, albeit very small, to throw you off your game via an extra enemy, whether it exists or not being up to the game.

I'll be adding more later, once I have the time, but just wanted to throw this out there for the time being. Thank you for reading, and hope you can help us.
Umpty Dumpty
Find

The second one is 100% not what's needed to make TTT enjoyable, in fact I think it'd make it even less enjoyable. TTT is a game about logic, at least its suppose to be, and that's what a lot of us are pushing for right now, to allow more logic.

Why would we remove one of the few things we're currently allowed to use logic on to "make it more enjoyable?" I don't even see how that would make TTT more enjoyable, to be honest.
Find

(12-30-2017, 06:53 PM)Bezerker Wrote:  
TTT as it stands is a fun game...for a while. Eventually, every single new round is nothing new, it's all predictable and bland for an experienced player. Even Brass doesn't play much due to he himself saying how boring TTT is nowadays. Adding new t-weapons or detective items might stave off the boredom for a short while, but eventually it all falls back into its normal rhythm. What we need is not new content for the gameplay, we need to fix the already-existing issues. This thread is made with the purpose of trying to fix various issues with the way TTT's gameplay plays out. Below are my suggestions and feel free to add your own.

Note: the order is not special, but the ones at the top are the ones that I thought of first, so they may be the most problematic
  1. Delay is annoying, especially when it's a new player. What I discovered on the gamemode Murder, is that if the Murderer doesn't kill within a certain time limit, the player begins emitting smoke and is exposed, allowing players to know he's the killer at a glance. Something like this for TTT would encourage smarter positioning and acting, something that was lost long ago in the current state of TTT.
  2. When you know your math, its very easy to know how many traitors are left due to how the number of traitors is calculated via the player count. However, what if you threw in a random factor? I'm not proposing there to be something dumb like having 2 extra traitors or 2 less traitors every once in a while, I'm talking about there being a chance, albeit very small, to throw you off your game via an extra enemy, whether it exists or not being up to the game.  

I'll be adding more later, once I have the time, but just wanted to throw this out there for the time being. Thank you for reading, and hope you can help us.

We are going to be updating the rules to allow more logic, unpoke and I have been discussing this and how to 'ease into it'.

We're also thinking of allowing people to have more freedom in what they can kill for while in overtime, this would help encourage not delaying rounds. But we will see.
Find

I would like to see more done with the quests and forerunner fragments. I think new quests would be nice like get x amount of kills/ head shots with x weapon, maybe add some new special weapons to the shop to buy with the fragments or even a special crate that you could only get with the forerunner fragments. I think it would be fun to have a purpose to use a greater variety of weapons.

I still think police dog role would be fun and desired to play. Just make it so it cant chat and has an advantage like having dna extended for them or something.

Dog or riot.
Find

(12-30-2017, 08:11 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  I still think police dog role would be fun and desired to play. Just make it so it cant chat and has an advantage like having dna extended for them or something.

Dog or riot.

Haha. I suggested a Detective item you use on a player, then a prompt shows up asking if they'd like to be transformed into a dog. Then they are unable to use chat, but can 'bark' to get the detectives attention. That would be pretty hilarious.
Find

i deeply regret even suggesting that as a meme now
Find

(12-30-2017, 08:27 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
(12-30-2017, 08:11 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  I still think police dog role would be fun and desired to play. Just make it so it cant chat and has an advantage like having dna extended for them or something.

Dog or riot.

Haha. I suggested a Detective item you use on a player, then a prompt shows up asking if they'd like to be transformed into a dog. Then they are unable to use chat, but can 'bark' to get the detectives attention. That would be pretty hilarious.

LETS SLOW IT DOWN HERE

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(12-30-2017, 07:38 PM)TheLazyNinja Wrote:  I would like to see more done with the quests and forerunner fragments. I think new quests would be nice like get x amount of kills/ head shots with x weapon, maybe add some new special weapons to the shop to buy with the fragments or even a special crate that you could only get with the forerunner fragments. I think it would be fun to have a purpose to use a greater variety of weapons.

A crate that can only be bought with fragments is a really good idea imo. +1

(12-30-2017, 08:27 PM)Brassx Wrote:  

Dog or riot.

YES
Find