Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FRG - Taken too seriously?

(12-26-2017, 01:00 AM)Anthony Wrote:  
(12-25-2017, 05:25 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
(12-25-2017, 04:51 PM)Fancy Humbug Typh Wrote:  Adding more/ making TTT slightly more interesting
It simply doesn't feel good to work so hard on something just to have people complain about it when it happens - like it's the worst thing in the world. It kills motivation to continue to make said updates to that(I'm not saying everything we make is the best and needs to always stay, but when people shit on you and your work because something you made, when your intentions were only to provide a fun experience, wouldn't it make you just not want to do that anymore?).

My intention wasn't to make you feel like shit... I just wanted to be completely honest about how I felt while playing the snowmen rounds and I think a lot of people felt the same way. Of course there are things you work hard on that end up being removed cause people don't like them. However, there were plenty of fun things I noticed when I got back, but they were all on the lobby server, such as the broken wall with the new boss fight (I liked it a lot), the santa battle was quite entertaining, and I liked playing blackjack with Kuro and Excel. If no one ever complained then things that aren't fun would be left in the server, which is why people shouldn't tell you that everything you make is good even if it took a lot of time and effort to make it (it's clear you already this from the post).

Also I know that people complain about everything, I'm sure that I'm guilty of it as well, but there are plenty of times where people give things praise. I hear people talk about how they like certain guns and how they absolutely hate some of them. Some people hate something that got added, so much that they make a thread about it and then that thread gets seen by you or whomever. I'm not sure how often you play on an alt, but people do give you praise and I've only been back for like 5 days ago and I've heard it. Also I've had my work been shit on plenty of times and sometimes I deserved it and other times I didn't. If I disagreed with that person I'd say fuck em, but sometimes I needed to be shit on. However, I'm not dealing with 12 year olds when I hand in my work, so you probably get a lot of unnecessary shit.

(Everyone's going to act like they know how to do what you do better than you do and thats a given with anything) Ik im guilty of that to
I'm sure you know all of this I just wanted to say it because I didn't want to make you feel like shit.
Sorry, I should've been more clear. That wasn't directed at your comments here at all. I appreciated the honesty, and it was more than fair to feel that way.

What I like to see is when people tell me WHY they don't like something. So I can use that to better my work, myself, and get a better understanding of things.

When someone complains about something without telling me why, it just leaves me to only speculate why, which sometimes I just assume the wrong things.. They could and should just do a bit of thinking and tell me WHY they don't like it. The server is for you guys to enjoy, you have every right to tell me what would be more enjoyable.

I don't do this work to be praised(if I did there would be threads all over Facepunch and other places showcasing some of the cool stuff I do behind the scenes.. Not to mention I'd be on the server all the time 'soaking up the attention', like some other owners do). I do it because I have fun making content, and like providing a fun, unique, and interesting experience for players.

The reason I stopped playing is because the economy of the server died. Few people had the impossible guns to get and you had no chance to get them. Or people would do things that are immoral to earn more money. The economy died and in my opinion I believe that a lot of the player base died with it. If you start having a fairly decent possibility to get the old weapons a new playerbase will come along with the old people that were searching for the old weapons. I also agree with a redoing of the rules.

I really do not think changing the rules is going to help the player base just hurt the one we already have, the rules are basically the same that we all have known from the start of inventory system with most of us being vets from ntg. Honestly if this started to get changed I would have even less of a reason to play as I do not have the time to deal with learning a new layout when it comes to getting use to gameplay and as well as my staff position with a redo of our rules list. I highly disagree with that point.

Now with the economy I think Brass already has a ton of ideas as well as things already in the works as we saw with the latest Xmas present goodies to bring back old weapons/items. What people tend to not understand and what I saw happen with this is its all luck people. RNG is just that its random, my luck sucks here rolling cases while others stack godlikes like its nothing. Now thankfully my luck is the opposite when I gamble but I get called a hacker and what not all the time on gambling sites for having insane luck which even brass has said is unbelievable. Perhaps instead of relying on rng all the time we can have some unique/rare weapons be items that can only be worked for with quests and other skill based needs to grind fragments and buy the special uniques/godlike weapons with only these means (like how we currently obtain the swifts.) This could help balance the rng side of things with the invested time side by adding more unique weapons only obtained here.

(12-27-2017, 10:59 AM)Awesome skinsgambling.com Wrote:  Perhaps instead of relying on rng all the time we can have some unique/rare weapons be items that can only be worked for with quests and other skill based needs to grind fragments and buy the special uniques/godlike weapons with only these means (like how we currently obtain the swifts.) This could help balance the rng side of things with the invested time side by adding more unique weapons only obtained here.

Just to give out ideas/ examples, like how in NTG there was the quest system?
How it took time and etc to finish the quest for unique drops? And although it did come with RNG, it wasnt like opening a crate. You had to really work on hard quests to be able to have a chance for a unique weapon nobody else might have.

So perhaps something alone these lines, rather than just lobby events/ random ttt rounds/ crates? So that there's another incentive to TTT (without making it even more "tryhard", if possible? Just trying to get ideas out)
When a dragon round begins.

Find

What do you guys think of the latest update?

Also, why do you guys think new players aren't staying interested as often as they used to be? I feel I've made fair points in my post, but no one has really touched up much on newer players.

Should we give new players some crates to play with? What do you think would help keep them around when they first join? What kept some of you here after you first joined?
Find

(01-05-2018, 11:46 AM)Brassx Wrote:  What do you guys think of the latest update?

Also, why do you guys think new players aren't staying interested as often as they used to be? I feel I've made fair points in my post, but no one has really touched up much on newer players.

Should we give new players some crates to play with? What do you think would help keep them around when they first join? What kept some of you here after you first joined?

I said something about this issue in another post a few days ago, but i think new players dont stick around mostly due to the player base. Typically when they ask questions, they usually either get completely ignored or they get a really rude response. People tend to not be nice to new players and they end up not coming back due to it.

Beginner crates may help with that a bit and i support it(maybe just no godlikes?), but the bigger issue lies within the player base.

(01-05-2018, 11:46 AM)Brassx Wrote:  What do you guys think of the latest update?

What kept some of you here after you first joined?

I like the update. It brought some more playtime into the server. I noticed that everyone's using all of the new traitor items (except door buster which you said was getting changed) and getting used to moon boots.

Everyone's having different opinions on the new guns (mostly positive). Something I heard someone say is that why were they all automatic weapons.

The maps are a delight except for outset island on one of the few times we played it (It was insanely laggy). Even the new lobby looks real nice.

After having probably just as much time on this server as all the other servers I have played on combined, I came for a more unique experience. I think I was bored of the normal TTT formula with just some new guns or a bunch of new traitor and detective items.

When I joined, I was curious about the unique guns. I wanted to get them all. I remember asking lots of questions on those. I also probably had abnormal luck because I got a dragon egg and that got me a bow and something else. And then I got a godlike that I was interested in (Megalodon). I think I just was a sucker for out of the normal weapons like the bow and transforming weapons. I think instead of level up guns that turn into other guns, it can be turned into alien tech like some of the half life weapons or a boomerang tomahawk.

I think also the level progression. It was cool to get level 5 and then be introduced to new things about the server. And then again with worm queen, the thing people have been doing for ages.

Along with tobias's post, yeah, I think we should just have a big Q&A prompt that gets the users attention in their inventory for new people until their around level 5 or something. Yeah we have the newbies guide, but I don't think they want to go to the forums immediately.
Find

Yea I remember joining the server and it reminded me of NTG, so I stayed. Now people are leaving because of the player base. I remember a moderator telling a new player to shut up instead of saying please be quiet or gagging them. I just think people on this server need to know how treat others with respect.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

There is a pop up when new players join for the first time, But i think it should pop up every time they connect to the server till they are level 5.

I think also maybe letting them choose a base gun as a starter weapon instead of randomly handing them one. I think maybe giving them like 5 starter crates that hold starter weapons could be cool too. Maybe randomly give them a starter primary + secondary but then give the 5 crates or so that they can open to get new starter weapons.

Maybe we should start doing that cheesy thing where members and above say welcome to the new players in text chat when they connect because yes a big part of them staying on the server would consist of the experience of the people

Also some may think this is dumb but ivve always felt a strong sense of egyption mythology coming from the weapons and events in frg, now yes theres other mythologies, maybe we could legit get some dark souls style lore going with guns and events. Most of dark souls lore is told through weapons and armor, and for me finding lore in things is very exciting and interesting, one of the only reasons im interested in overwatch is the stories of chars, so possibly try to bring that to frg? might attract some people
Find

They already get every single base gun as a starter weapon wind, with random traits and suffixes as well.
Find