Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Snowmen Destruction change?

I think the snowman have kind of killed the TTT servers. It sucks that player count has been low for the past few days, and I feel like it has to do with people having to wait up to 5 minutes to play if they miss the game or go afk on accident at the start.

Not only that, but it sucks on certain maps considering some maps you get stuck with terrible spawns for snowmen, meaning you can only get a max of 5 per round. Just feels like a shame to get so little presents for 5 minutes of your time and effort.

I've heard people talk about how they've played this enough and have started to see people leave at the start, kill themselves repeatedly or go to spectator and come back later.

Possibly lower the time and increase the average gain of presents for the approximate remaining week that the event.

Maybe its just me but i love snowball rounds but the rewards are a bit ehhhh
Find

I guess I just feel it's kinda weird people are complaining about loot from these, when this is better loot than post-round TTT, and is around the same time as an average TTT round. I guess the rounds aren't quite as fun?

Proposed changes:
  • Reduce time to 3 minutes.
  • Increase amount of presents
  • Allow players that join mid-round to spawn in 15 seconds after they first load in, only if they didn't die from expending all their snowballs(not likely to happen unless I lower the snowball limit a lot more).
  • Only a single one per map. No more, no less.

Also perhaps I can add a little chat command to scramble your snowmen spawns in-case they are bad.

Just posting back now. What is everyone's thoughts on these changes? Are they still too tedious to do? I didn't expect everyone to like these or anything, I was just trying something new and unique from what we've done before. With the time that I had, I'm pretty pleased with the outcome, but in hindsight I can clearly see that they were much too common for too long, so now people are kind of burnt out on them and the concept of them, so they feel more-so like a chore.

One of them every once in a while with boosted rewards would've been better.
Find

As someone whose played with the change, I feel like all this did was make the timer shorter for equal the presents of a 5 minute round. Essentially just as good as a 5 minute round which is fine. Joining during the round already started works and gave presents.

I think we had two natural snowmen rounds today on one map and !clearsnow I think bugged out when multiple people used it.

I haven't tried out santa though.

Edit: People on the server figured it out. Using tokens makes !clearsnow not work for the round. Aka, the first one must've been spawned.
Find

(12-25-2017, 05:05 AM)TJ1524 Wrote:  As someone whose played with the change, I feel like all this did was make the timer shorter for equal the presents of a 5 minute round. Essentially just as good as a 5 minute round which is fine. Joining during the round already started works and gave presents.

I think we had two natural snowmen rounds today on one map and !clearsnow I think bugged out when multiple people used it.

I haven't tried out santa though.

Anymore details on !clearsnow bugging? Also you sure the snowman round wasn't a token?
Find

(12-25-2017, 05:59 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Anymore details on !clearsnow bugging? Also you sure the snowman round wasn't a token?

I asked if anyone used a token and no one responded, even though everyone was there. Not only that, but I think we got our snowballs only after the round started which meant it was natural (I can 100% guarantee that it was natural on second one as I was paying more attention to when we got snowballs, not entirely sure on the first one.).

The only thing for the command was that after I used it, which it worked, coach tried to use it and it wasn't resetting his. And then in a minute or so after I first used the command, it didn't clear them.
Find

I like snowman rounds, i still haven't gotten my badge and lowering rounds and timer kinda sucks for who didn't get badge yet.
why are people complaining about free loot?
i mean people still leave and kill them self on other event rounds like but not limited too OCC, OBC, Bouncy Mayhem .
Find